It’s impossible to keep controversial rapper Ye, formerly called Kanye West, away from the news and tabloids. The Yeezy founder’s fall from grace in the media and public eye seems to keep going from bad to worse. Kanye West is now a suspect in an ongoing battery investigation in California. Read to find out the latest update on the investigation into Kanye West’s alleged incident of violence, including Kim Kardashian’s reaction.
Alleged battery investigation
Kanye West’s troubles with law enforcement began after he grabbed and threw a woman’s phone for capturing videos of him. This came after a heated exchange between the rapper and the woman who was inside a car.
- The woman has reportedly pressed charges against Kanye but it’s unclear if she is a civilian or a paparazzo.
- In the video, Kanye berates the woman for following him around while the woman argues that he’s a celebrity and this is bound to happen.
- The evidence against Kanye West is solid here as someone next to the woman records a video of him snatching the phone and then throwing it outside before he walked back to his car.
- The incident happened around evening near a sports complex where Ye’s daughter North West had a basketball game scheduled.
Legal implications for Kanye
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Department has launched an elaborate investigation into the incident. Kanye West primarily faces investigation on battery charges for throwing the woman’s phone.
Battery is a crime where someone intentionally touches another person in a harmful or offensive way without their consent. If Ye is found guilty of battery, he may face legal consequences such as fines, imprisonment, or community service.
Kanye West has not been convicted of any serious crimes that resulted in a criminal record. However, he has had several run-ins with the law, including a 2009 incident where Kanye West was charged with battery and attempted grand theft after an altercation with a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport.
Kim Kardashian reacts
The paparazzi confronted Kanye West’s ex-wife Kim Kardashian after North West’s basketball game to ask her to take on the alleged violence incident. Kim K snapped back at the reporters and asked them not to talk about this in front of their kids.
- While this exchange was happening, one of Ye and Kim’s kids could be heard asking the reporters to please leave. The paparazzi apologized before Kim safely escorted the kids back to their car.
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian have four children from their marriage – North, Saint, Chicago and Psalm. Kim filed for a divorce from Kanye in 2021 and the rapper now pays her $200,000 per month in child support.
Kanye West’s future has never looked bleaker. The rapper still faces the aftermath of his antisemitism saga from 2022, which resulted in him losing a significant chunk of his fortune. Companies and brands like Adidas and Balenciaga have already cut ties with Ye after a string of media controversies.
While it’s understandable that Kanye West wants to stay away from media attention, it still doesn’t justify an act of violence like throwing a civilian’s phone.
RELATED NEWS: Why did Adidas cancel Kanye West?
You can also share any questions you have about Kanye West’s battery investigation. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.