In the battle against Denuvo and Hogwarts Legacy, Hacker Empress announces she’s ahead of her schedule and will make Hogwarts Legacy’s crack version open soon.
The crack version of Hogwarts Legacy is coming soon
The well-known hacker Empress is in the last stage of cracking Hogwarts Legacy ahead of promised schedule. According to a recent Tweet of Denuvo Alerts, “the end of the crack is near”.
- Empress chose the pre-launch version of the game for cracking since it worked well. Previously, she also complained about the 1st-day patch which caused performance issues for many players.
- Following the controversies surrounding Hogwarts Legacy, many players urged boycotts, and review bombings against the copyright of the game. The current copyright provides all the fees to go directly to J.K. Rowling, who’s ‘canceled’ over the internet due to her negative views and hurtful comments against the transgender community.
Empress is nearly finished cracking Hogwarts Legacy! pic.twitter.com/mGjMt0bLJ7
— Denuvo Alerts (@DenuvoScum) February 15, 2023
- Many fans of the Harry Potter series and Hogwarts Legacy claim they would gladly use the hack version instead.
- Empress’ previous announcement revealed 10 days of schedule, which means she is currently excelling and running way ahead of the promised time. This makes her score yet another point against the latest Denuvo patch.
What are Denuvo and Denuvo Alerts?
Denuvo is a prevention software against piracy and cheating. Almost every game nowadays has DRM protection. However, the history of hackers cracking games wide open is just as long as the history of video games.
- Since the late ’80s, tight-knit groups such as SKIDROW and FAiRLiGHT, consisting of crackers competed to dismantle the software barriers. These mostly young men aimed to unleash popular contemporary games for the world. For many, it was a hobby or a challenging sport.
- Then came Denuvo, an anti-piracy software encrypting game files with occasional verification. The software was first introduced on FIFA 15 in 2014. Since then it is licensed and revalidated over 350 million times.
Lord GabeN never misses!#Denuvo has been running rampant lately. It hurts consumers in the following ways.
1) Hurts performance and stability
2) Doesn’t allow offline play
3) Prevents certain mods
4) Limits number of installs
Why would you pay for a WORSE experience?!?🏴☠️ pic.twitter.com/nHqMIS68Kz
— PMS Jordan (@PMS_Jordan) February 3, 2023
- The rise of DRM gave a boost to the anti-DRM community as well. They believe the digital rights management software bundled with purchased games is ruining the industry.
- It forces players to technically rent their games rather than buy them. The right to pull back a game after its purchase remains in the hands of the makers rather than the players.
Who is Empress?
Empress is a hacker or cracker who works specifically against Denuvo and DRM-protected games. When asked why she started working as a cracker, says it was due to a dream in 2014. She saw chains made of numbers wrapped around the Dark Souls 2 game. Further, she discovered what every number meant universally reaching the zone where she could see things with better clarity and the chains broke.
- Ever since Empress worked as a cracker and is arguably the most powerful breaker of DRM software in the world right now. From Red Dead Redemption 2 to Mortal Kombat 11, no one has set more high-profile games free than Empress.
Also Read: Death Stranding To Use Denuvo Anti-Tamper On PC
In Empress I trust. 🙏 #Denuvo is PC cancer! pic.twitter.com/DldcnZJ4Th
— PMS Jordan (@PMS_Jordan) February 6, 2023
- Empress shared her aspirations with WIRED saying, “I pledge to update any Denuvo games for those who care about it. I plan to focus on only Denuvo cracks and will start from the bottom to the hardest and most modern Denuvo builds,” however, who truly is Empress? Nobody knows.
- Some speculations claimed that Empress is a group of people, which she thoroughly refutes. Aside from her chosen handle, the only puzzles of her identity are shared by her in an interview with WIRED, “I am 23 years old girl, and I am beautiful AS HELL. But I don’t care a single bit about how I look. I care only of what I do,”
Also Read: Metro Exodus Has Removed Denuvo From All PC Versions
Empress, the only person still cracking denuvo games and working on the hogwarts legacy crack just got banned on reddit. Judging by the recent tweets showing jkr threatening people with lawsuits it seems likely that they threatened reddit too. The damage control here is insane https://t.co/EU7XRzsSiu pic.twitter.com/Y6mH6ezLQ8
— Father of all milk (@RepublicMilk) February 16, 2023
- According to the latest updates, Empress is closer to winning the battle against Denuvo and releasing a pirated version of Hogwarts Legacy. Meanwhile, her Reddit account got banned without any disclosure of cause but people are suspecting it is a step taken in favor of J.K. Rowling and Hogwarts Legacy. For the more latest news and guides about Denuvo and Hogwarts Legacy, follow Spiel Times.