Have you heard about the BLACKPINK Rosé curse? It’s a wild claim that has been circulating on social media, particularly on TikTok. Apparently, whenever Rosé takes a photo with someone who is in a relationship, that couple ends up breaking up shortly after. Quite interesting, right? But here’s the thing: A lot of celebrities have indeed taken photos with Rosé, including those who were single and those who were taken. And more often than not, the latter group seems to split suddenly not long after Rosé took the photo.
The curse supposedly started in 2021, and it’s been making headlines again lately because of the breakup of another power couple. And yes, you guessed it right: Rosé took a photo with one-half of the couple – Taylor Swift – before the news of their breakup emerged. Want to know more about this supposed curse? Keep reading to learn about the bizarre phenomenon that has become a source of amusement for many.
What is the Rosé Curse?
It could easily be understood, believe us. So the Rosé Curse can simply be used in context when the K-pop girl group member takes a photo with a celebrity. And this celebrity is in a relationship when they snapped a photo with Rosé. Then here enters the Rosé curse: The celebrity and their partner break up after a while.
- It looks so interestingly coincidental how several relationships had gone through this ‘Rosé Curse’. It started as an inside joke for BLINKs in 2021, but it felt endless. Well, if you haven’t heard of the couples who got ‘Rosé Curse’-d, then don’t skip this one. And better check out if your faves had a photo with Rosé too! (Kidding or not…)
List of ex-couples
Since the supposed “Rosé Curse” began, several high-profile couples have split shortly after being photographed with BLACKPINK’s Rosé. Let’s take a look at some of the most notable examples:
Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik
The curse started when supermodel Gigi Hadid posted a photo with Rosé at the Met Gala in September 2021, and then announced her split from singer Zayn Malik a few weeks later.
- Fans were quick to connect the dots and joke that Rosé’s presence in the photo was to blame for the breakup.
Florence Pugh and Zach Braff
Next up was actress Florence Pugh, who posed for a picture with Rosé at an event. A few days later, news of her breakup with actor Zach Braff surfaced, leading some fans to once again point the finger at the “curse.”
Florence Pugh shares her love for Blackpink’s Rosé in new Instagram Story pic.twitter.com/1xTJjJh0BY
— Florence Pugh Daily (@bestofpugh) June 17, 2022
- This time, fans were weirded and amused at how this happened. It’s such a high coincidence at this point, right?
Bella Poarch and her husband
TikTok star Bella Poarch divorced her husband after getting spotted with Rosé. While there’s no official confirmation that the photo was the cause of the split, some fans couldn’t resist making a connection.
- Bella and Rosé have no actual picture here, but they were seen together. But then again, it happened, the ‘breakup.’
Kendall Jenner and Devin Booker
Model Kendall Jenner broke up with basketball player Devin Booker after she posed for a picture with Rosé. Like the other examples, fans quickly drew a connection between the photo and the subsequent breakup.
Rosé of BLACKPINK with Kendall Jenner at the LACMA Art + Film Gala
— Clout News (@CloutNewsMedia) November 6, 2022
Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn
The most recent victim of the “Rosé Curse” is none other than Taylor Swift. The singer-songwriter posed for a picture with Rosé at the VMAs after-party in 2022. Months after that picture, she has broken up with her long-term boyfriend.
— MTV (@MTV) August 29, 2022
- While there’s no evidence to suggest that the photo was the cause of the breakup, fans have once again taken to social media to joke about the curse.
Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton
So, there’s another break up in town that left our hearts shattering. Actors Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton reportedly separated after five long years. The Sun first revealed the break up a few days ago, on August 4.
— m (@ksgparks) August 4, 2023
- Why are the ex-couple here you say? Apparently, Malek and Rosé met way back in 2020. It was an Yves Saint Laurent event, and the two had a photo snapped (which you can see in the Tweet above).
Despite the amusing nature of the Rosé Curse, it’s important to remember that there’s no actual evidence to suggest that Rosé’s photos are causing these high-profile breakups. Still, it’s hard to resist a good conspiracy theory (and an inside joke!), and fans are sure to keep an eye out for any future photos that Rosé might take with couples in the public eye.
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!