Anyone who has been an avid fan of the Yakuza series? If so, you may need some information on the upcoming role-playing game, Like a Dragon 8. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio promises this game to be the biggest addition to the franchise. The coming of the game has no official date, but here are other details of what we know so far. If curiosity strikes, then you may want to stay with us here to get all up-to-date news!
SEGA’s Like a Dragon 8
SEGA announced the coming of Like a Dragon 8 last September 2022. As of this writing, no specific date has been released just yet. However, the publishers added 2024 as a release window in the trailer released. That should be the only news today for the release date, let’s jump to other information.
- The short announcement trailer consists of the characters Kiryu who is known to be the franchise’s protagonist and Ichiban from 2020’s Like a Dragon. If you’re wondering about the change in the title, the upcoming Like a Dragon 8 happens to be a sequel to Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon, making it the eighth mainline story.
- Ichiban’s adventure does end just yet, and now he’s joined by Yakuza’s famous character, Kiryu. Who is excited to see this spiky-haired goofball combat his way in the streets of Kamurocho? Well, it’s *definitely* hero time!
- With the one-minute trailer, there are no clear details yet on what to expect in the game. You may want to stay tuned here to know more details once they release more!
Gameplay and pre-order
- It is believed that the eighth mainline game remains using JRPG all throughout. There is no gameplay available yet, but turn-based combat may still be seen and probably performed. Additionally, the explorable areas may widen so expect to reach more in the upcoming game.
- 2024 is far off the calendar, so we can’t expect the pre-purchasing soon. If ever they drop Like a Dragon 8 pre-order news by next year, we make sure you can hear about it here.
- Even two years before its possible release, the game’s developers and publishers already released the multiple platforms. Like a Dragon 8 hops to PC, PlayStation5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Coming in 2023
While we wait for the 2024 release, we can expect two titles to be coming near for the Yakuza series. Both titles below should be slated to be released in 2023, so watch out for those!
- Like a Dragon: Ishin!: A single-player video game and a spin-off game in the Yakuza. This game should be a full remake of the same title which was released in 2014. PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 received this game way back. In its remake, it can be played on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. The specific release could be on February 21st.
- Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name: This next release should lead up to the anticipated Like a Dragon 8 video game. It follows the life of Kiryu after the Yakuza 6. Like a Dragon Gaiden hits PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC, respectively.
While you’re here, are you ready for more combat gaming in Like A Dragon 8?
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!