Another unfortunate news welcomes the start of the year but this time, to mixed martial arts fans. If you’re a fan of ONE Championship, you probably heard of the name Victoria Lee already. The young MMA fighter left the world at the age of 18, and with just a career slowly starting. The sudden news came just last Saturday, January 7. While we look into Victoria Lee’s cause of death, let’s also relive her life and career in the octagon.
Victoria Lee’s cause of death
The announcement of the 18-year-old’s passing came from her sister, Angela Lee via Instagram post. According to the post, Victoria passed away a day after Christmas of last year, December 26th.
- “We miss her. More than anything in this world. Our family will never be the same. Life will never be the same.”
- The cause of death of the rising MMA fighter has not been disclosed. The family asks for respect in this difficult time they are in.
- In the last part of the post, Angela mentions, “And please, check on your loved ones. Keep checking on them.” We hope it does not mean any signs of self-harm as her cause of death. We may possibly hear about the reason for Victoria Lee’s death, but maybe not anytime soon.
- Furthermore, the combat sports promotion ONE Championship sends its condolences to the Lee family as well. The death of Victoria Lee brought devastation to each of the hearts she touched.
The ONE Championship team is devastated over the tragic passing of Victoria Lee. We send our most heartfelt condolences to her family and friends at this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/EUIp8jplxN
— ONE Championship (@ONEChampionship) January 8, 2023
- Moreover, the CEO of the promotion company, Chatri Sityodtong shares a tribute to The Prodigy. The Facebook post includes how he met Victoria and watched her grow into who she became.
- “I will always remember Victoria for the beautiful and precious soul that she was,” Sityodtong adds in his post. The heartbreak of this Victoria Lee’s death follows the people around her.
Victoria’s life and MMA
We may not know the reason for Victoria Lee’s passing, but we can always relive her memories of her. It would be nice to look back at Victoria “The Prodigy” Lee’s life and career.
- Victoria has been born and raised in Waipahu, Hawaii. The Prodigy was born on May 17, 2004.
- The promising fighter is the youngest in ONE Championship and the second youngest in their family. MMA fighters, Angela Lee, Christian Lee, and also the starting Adrian Lee, as her siblings.
The Lee siblings were introduced to Mixed Martial Arts with their parents’ background. Ken Lee, their father, has three ball belts in three different martial arts. On the other hand, Jewelz Lee has a 5th-degree Hapdosool master black belt.
- Following the footsteps of two older siblings, Victoria first competed in Pankration earning gold as the Junior World Champion in back-to-back years 2019 and 2020.
- In 2019, she was also hailed as International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) Junior World Championship in Wrestling. In 2020, Victoria became the IMMAF Junior State Champion in Wrestling as well.
- She started her ONE career in September 2020 fighting in the Atomweight division. Victoria has a clean record of 3-0 in the competition. Two wins by submission, and one win by knockout — she truly deserves The Prodigy nickname.
We send our deepest and heartfelt condolences to Victoria Lee’s loved ones and friends, may she rest in power.
You may share your thoughts with us about Victoria “The Prodigy” Lee below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.