Activision released the second season of the incredibly successful Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 on February 15, 2023. It was delayed by two weeks, which was essential for some final touches to this update. The Season 2 Reloaded patch and its content have already been revealed by the developers and the fans are ready for it.
This update will go live at the same time across all countries on all platforms – PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about the update.
Details about Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 2 Reloaded
The KV broadside shotgun and Dragons Breathe rounds will be nerfed when Season 2 Reloaded launches on March 15th.
— ModernWarzone (@ModernWarzone) March 10, 2023
Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2’s Season 2 update will go live at the same time, but you will be able to access it on either March 15 or 16 depending on your country’s time zone. For the US, it will be available on March 15.
The official release times of the Season 2 update for various countries are listed below:
- March 15, 9:00 am PT (US West Coast)
- March 15, 11:00 am CT (Illinois)
- March 15, 12:00 pm ET (US East Coast)
- March 15, 5:00 pm GMT (UK)
- March 15, 6:00 pm CEST (Central Europe)
- March 15, 8:00 pm MSK (Moscow)
- March 15, 10:30 pm IST (India)
- March 16, 1:00 am CST (China)
- March 16, 2:00 am JST (Japan)
- March 16, 4:00 am AEDT (Australia)
- March 16, 6:00 am NZDT (New Zealand)
Pre-load option and file size
Although there is no current information on the pre-load option, you will have it before the release. The patch notes will also be available before the aforementioned times. Thus, you will have everything ready-to-go before the release.
The previous mid-season update for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 1 was 20GB. Thus, you can expect a similar amount of storage required for Season 2.
New content for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 2 Reloaded
Activision has confirmed that fresh and attractive content is inbound to Call of Duty, like new skins, maps, weapons, and more. The most notable additions include:
- A new 6v6 multiplayer map for Modern Warfare 2 called Himmelmat Expo and a social feature called party-queuing.
- Raids Episode 02, a continuation of the Modern Warfare 2 story campaign.
- Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a playable character.
- A new weapon called Tempus Torrent Marksman.
Everything you need to know about the upcoming Season 02 Reloaded is here 👉 https://t.co/W0y40TCp0X
❄️ Brand-new #MWII Core 6v6 map – Himmelmatt Expo
🎉 Popular #MWII Party Modes return
🧩 Raid Episode 2 arrives
⚔ Shredder comes to Call of Duty pic.twitter.com/w7gD56L1zD
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) March 9, 2023
The developers are also giving out free items to all players as a celebration of Warzone 1’s third anniversary. You will be able to claim seven free items from the in-game store, like weapon blueprints, cards, and more.
RELATED NEWS: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 latest Leaks include a new mode
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!