In this guide, we will help you fix the Connection Lost Error in MultiVersus + System Requirements. If you see any potential fixes that might assist other players, please let us know in the comments section below, and we’ll be sure to update this post.
MultiVersus: Connection Lost Error – Fixes
UPDATE: Server Maintenance starts at 9:00 am PT.
– Maintenance Mode initiates sequence at 9:00am PT.
– Stream Rick-tastic goodness at 9:30am PT on our Twitch.
– Rick enters the #MultiVersus dimension at 10am PT.
– Proceed imminent Rick domination. pic.twitter.com/svZx1RBXTC
— MultiVersus (@multiversus) September 27, 2022
The MultiVersus connection lost error will eventually affect all of us, and lately, it has been giving some players problems by flat-out refusing to let them back into the game. MutiVersus is susceptible to connection drops that appear to have no apparent cause.
- This is maybe due to the early stage of its release and bugs and glitches surfacing are never new to the gaming world.
- At the present, this seems to be a problem because it can happen to you even if your network connection is excellent.
- It’s a problem that has been troubling many different players across the game’s major platforms, and in many cases, it seems to be more of a glitch than a genuine connection issue.
The complete connection lost error displays when you have been kicked from the game’s servers and states, “Connection Lost: You have lost your connection to the internet. Try checking your network settings.” Check out the fixes listed below to see if you can repair this issue.
Fix #1 – Reboot Your System (All Platforms)
Problems like these can often be fixed with a simple restart. Additionally, it forces the game to try to reconnect.
Fix #2 – Restart MultiVersus
Simple faults and errors, such as those involving an unstable internet connection, can occasionally be fixed by restarting the game.
Fix #3 – Check Internet Connection
- Rebooting your internet connection, even if it’s working for other devices, is one possible solution that works for all platforms.
- Once it’s back on, it should join. If it’s possible, changing your internet provider is another alternative but highly unlikely that this is the issue.
Fix #4 – Check Server Status
- Before everything else, make sure your internet connection is strong and check the MultiVersus Twitter account to see whether the game’s servers are down.
- First, make sure the MultiVersus server is up and operating if you receive the MultiVersus connection lost message. You could have some difficulties playing the game or be unable to play at all when the server is down.
- The DownDetector website allows you to check if the server is down and to see if anyone is tweeting about the problem on Twitter. You should expect the server to be unavailable if you discover that numerous individuals are reporting this problem.
Maintenance mode activated – servers will be back online soon, MVPs! #MultiVersus
— MultiVersus (@multiversus) July 26, 2022
Fix #5 – Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Verifying the integrity of your game files is a specific action you can conduct for Steam.
- On your Steam library, right-click MultiVersus and choose Properties.
- Once the process is complete, try connecting to the game’s servers once more by selecting the Local Files option from the menu that appears and click the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
Fix #6 – Delete SaveGames Folder
- You can access the file system on your PC by going to Local Disk Users -> AppData -> Local -> MultiVersus -> Saved.
- You can remove the SaveGames folder from the Saved folder in order to repair the error.
Fix #7 – Check your PC if it meets the System Requirements
- Occasionally, if you attempt to start MultiVersus without these prerequisites, you can run into issues. Make sure your PC Rig meets or is better than the minimum requirements. You must have the following prerequisite in order for MultiVersus to function properly.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Additional Notes: 60 FPS at 720p
A 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-8350
Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 Ti or Radeon HD 7770
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
Recommended System Requirements:
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Additional Notes: 60 FPS at 1080p
Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon R9 270
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
Fix #8 – Update Drivers
- A broken or corrupt graphics game card driver may exist. So when you try to play MultiVersus, it would cause problems.
- To see a pop-up message, go to the “task manager” and select “Device Manager”; after that, double-click on the “Display Adapters” option.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Update Driver” and then “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.” You can determine whether the MultiVersus connection loss error has been resolved after updating the driver.
Fix #9 – Run as an Administrator
- If you’re playing on PC, you might want to try to run the game as an Administrator. By executing the application as an administrator, you may possibly resolve the “MultiVersus connection lost” error.
- To do this, right-click on the MultiVersus shortcut after adding it to your desktop.
- Select “Run as administrator” from the list of options in the menu that now displays. Running it as an administrator is the only option to resolve compatibility problems that result in the “MultiVersus connection lost” error.
Fix #10 – Change Compatibility Settings of MultiVersus
- You’ll be able to run MultiVersus as an administrator by adjusting the compatibility settings. You must first add MultiVersus to your desktop in to accomplish this.
- Then from the desktop, right-click on it.
- Choose “Properties” from a menu that will appear once you click this. The properties for MultiVersus will now be displayed.
- To modify the app’s compatibility, locate and choose the “Compatibility” tab. Select “Run this program as an administrator” to finish.
- As a result, the application will always execute as an administrator. You won’t have to manually choose “run as an administrator” each time you need to run MultiVersus.
FIX #0 – Reinstall the Game
- If all else fails, then you might want to uninstall the game and reinstall it.
- Right-click on MultiVersus: Ultimate Knockout by opening the Steam app. Choose “Uninstall” from the menu’s “Manage” option.
- Afterward, open MultiVersus on Steam and reinstall. That’s it!
If you have any questions regarding MultiVersus, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!