You better be ready for this, Netflix and K-drama fans. If you haven’t heard of Gyeongseong Creature, you’re lucky that we have all details you’ll be needing here. Let’s start with the basics, Gyeongseong Creature would be a South Korean Netflix Original historical thriller series. The casting is something you dreamt of but now it’s here. Favorite Korean drama actors join together for this upcoming Netflix series!
Netflix’s Gyeongseong Creature Casts
We’ll start with the most exciting part we could think off — the casts. If you’ve watched Itaewon Class, My Name, Squid Game, or even in the Avengers: Age of Ultron, you’ll know these faces.
Park Seo Joon as Jang Tae Sang
Alright, feel free to squeal, K-drama fans. Seo Joon’s last drama series was in 2020 with Itaewon Class, and cameo on Record of Youth, respectively. He’s been acting in movies for the last year, and is now back for another drama which fans can’t wait for!
- Seo Joon leads the cast as one of the main characters in the story and plays the role of Tae Sang. Netflix describes Tae Sang as the head of the merchant marketplace, Golden Jade House. He is well-known to be the wealthiest and most connected person in Gyeongseong.
Han So Hee as Yun Chae Ok
Jump for joy, fans? Kidding aside, So Hee rose to fame with her superb acting in Netflix Original’s solo lead role in My Name, and in the drama The World of The Married. And now, a drama with Seo Joon, she’s definitely on a roll, and she’s getting well-deserved praise and attention for her acting (and of course, her visual!).
- So Hee joins Seo Joon as another main character in the series. She plays the role of Yun Ok who is somewhat the best hunter when it comes to missing people, She is known to have great survival skills and a keen eye which she developed during childhood with his father’s escapades. Tae Sang and Yun Ok lives cross paths and what will happen then?
Claudia Kim as Maeda
Kim Su Hyun or popularized as Claudia Kim has made her appearances in a few Hollywood films including the Age of Ultron and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. She also appeared in the Netflix Original’s Marco Polo.
- Furthermore, Claudia plays Maeda, the wife of a powerful official in Gyeongseong during the colonial period, according to Netflix’s description of her character.
Wi Ha Joon as Gwon Jun Taek
On the other hand, joining the three known actors is another one who made his name shine in his role in Squid Game — Wi Ha Joon. He plays Choi Do Il in the recently begun K-Drama, Little Women, in which he is slowly garnering attention once again.
- Ha Joon plays the role of Tae Sang’s best friend, Gwon Jun Taek. He tagged along with Tae Sang’s plan to rescue the people who went missing. So, how will it turn out to be? We’ll get to see when the series starts!
Other Casts and Production
Adding to the star-studded cast of Netflix Gyeongseong Creature, veteran actress Kim Hae Sook (Hospital Playlist, Start Up) and veteran actor Jo Han Chul (Vincenzo, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha) will surely bring their A-game acting in this newest drama. We do hope that this historical thriller drama would have fewer to no controversies since Koreans are quite strict and detailed when it comes to history.
- The series will be directed by Jung Dong Yoon. As for the screenwriting, Kang Eun K will make the viewers fall into the storyline for the upcoming series. Kang is known for writing Dr. Romantic, and Kang Chi: The Beginning.
The Story, Release, and updates
According to the Netflix report, the series revolves around “individuals battling up against monstrous creatures that were born out of human greed”. It is set in the spring of 1945 in the city of Gyeongseong. And if you aren’t familiar with the city, here’s a description from Netflix as well.
“Gyeongseong is the former name of Korea’s capital city Seoul, and the name used during Japanese colonial rule. The upcoming series invites audiences to 1945 Gyeongseong, the hotbed of turmoil caused by creatures that suddenly appear and wreak havoc on an already troubled world.”
- As of this writing, Netflix has not mentioned any official date of release yet. However, we may expect the series to come out around next year, 2023. The Gyeongseong Creature will be available globally on its release, so let’s watch out!
- The filming is ongoing as Netflix recently announced the new actors added to the list. If you can remember, So Hee suffered a facial injury on set last August. She then received medical treatment while the others continued filming. Fortunately, there was no surgery involved, and now back to filming!
Are you ready to watch Netflix Gyeongseong Creature? See you!