When is the new Sony PlayStation 5 model coming out?One of the frequently asked questions ever since rumors of a new model for the PlayStation 5 came out is when will it be released? It’s undeniable that a lot of gamers are looking forward to a new model since it would mean improvements everywhere. From hardware to the overall experience, a lot of Sony fans want the Slim and Pro versions of the PS5. Unfortunately, these are all rumors for now since Sony has been mum about it.
- Chances of a PS5 Pro or Slim are in fact, slim. If we go back to a few months ago, there was word of a PS5 model coming out which features a removable disc driver. However, the console with a removable disc driver doesn’t really bring anything new to the table.
- If Sony does go ahead and release this, it will still retain the hardware from the first versions of the console. The differences will most likely be in the overall weight and design of the console.
Gaming insider is confident that a new model will come outThis information is supported by renowned insider Tom Henderson. According to Henderson, there will be a new model coming out for the Sony PlayStation 5. Similar to the reports in the past months, it will not be a Pro or Slim version of the console.
Personally, not too sure as it is scheduled to launch in September 2023. Maybe an announcement in the summer would make more sense.— Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_) January 4, 2023
- Sony is most likely announcing the new PlayStation 5 with the removable disc driver sometime in early 2023. It may be this January or around the first quarter of the year. If you’re looking to make a purchase for the console, Henderson also shared that sales will begin in September.
- Henderson also shares that Sony feels confident in the performance of the all-new Sony PlayStation 5. They have been testing it in the past months and it seems that it’s getting a green light sooner rather than later.
Changes to the consoleThere are no remarkable changes to the console once the new model comes out. However, Sony will most likely cease all sales of the current models of the PS5 to give way for the upcoming version. If we go back to when the PS5 was released, there are two versions: the digital edition and disc. The digital edition is cheaper than the disc, but it posed accessibility problems for some users especially since you’ll need a stable internet connection to download your games. Plus, you wouldn’t be able to load up your PS4 discs on the next-gen console if you go with digital edition.
- Aside from the new PS5 models coming with a removable disc driver, some gamers speculate that Sony will release the disc driver as an accessory. This will be a huge win for PS5 Digital owners as they can now boot up any PS4/PS5 discs they have lying around.
- We have no information yet on any changes to the hardware. For now, all we can do is wait until Sony formally unveils it either at one of their events or through a blog post. Nonetheless, we’re more than looking forward to the new PS5 model that’s rumored to come out this year!