Overwatch 2 is one of the most successful FPS games globally. The game is known for its unique heroes and immersive gameplay. In addition, Overwatch 2 receives regular multiple updates in a month. The most recent patch for Overwatch 2 rolled out this week, which included multiple quality-of-life changes to the heroes. Although the update was supposed to give more balance to the game, it ended up creating chaos. After the update players were able to figure out something odd about Sigma’s ultimate ability and were quick to realize that it must be a bug and hence, Sigma was disabled to use by Blizzard; but don’t worry we will tell you everything about this bug and when will he return to Overwatch 2.
What is Sigma’s bug in Overwatch 2?
Sigma is one of the most-played Tank heroes in Overwatch 2. With the new update this week, his ultimate was bugged which made him even more potent than he previously was. This resulted in outrage in the community as many exploited this bug.
The bug buffed his Ultimate and he could infinitely fly as long as he doesn’t die. Furthermore, he cannot use his abilities during this, but can still use his primary weapon.
When will Sigma return to Overwatch 2?
Due to a bug caused by our recent patch, we’re disabling Sigma temporarily in Competitive modes. We’ll provide an update as soon as we're able.
— Aaron Keller (@aaronkellerOW) May 10, 2023
Ever since the release of Overwatch 2, it is the first time a champion has been taken down, although it’s temporary. There has been no official announcement on when this hero will return to Overwatch 2 competitive games. Moreover, he is still playable in Arcade and Casual modes. Lastly, Blizzard pleads players not to exploit this bug in these modes as it would be unfair to other players.
How to use this bug?
Using this bug is fairly easy, although we don’t promote you to exploit it. This is how you can use this Sigma ultimate bug in Overwatch 2:
- When Sigma’s ult reaches its full duration, it will automatically cast. In addition, if Sigma is looking at a surface that he can’t cast the ult on, he will get stuck in his animation and fly infinitely. (as long as he doesn’t die)
- This will only work if Sigma’s previous Ultimate was cast at the end of its duration. In short, you will have to trigger two Ultimates.
The Overwatch 2 community was quick to take this matter to their social media handles and express their anger related to this bug.
- Some stated that developers should just roll out a hotfix to solve this problem rather than disabling one of the most beloved characters, Sigma.
LOL maybe hot fix it so he cannot FLY FOREVER!!! WHAT WILL WE RUN ON CIRCUIT ROYALE?!?!?!?!!?
— durpee (@durpee82) May 10, 2023
- On the other hand, a bunch of people complained about the losses they suffered because the opponents exploited the bug before Sigma was taken down.
- Some even expressed their anger over bugs related to other heroes which are not being addressed by the Blizzard team.
now do something about doom’s block pic.twitter.com/5k77RP16k7
— Seal (@Seal________) May 10, 2023
Tell us your thoughts about it. If you have any questions regarding the Ultimate bug of Sigma in Overwatch 2 and when he will return, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. Furthermore, you can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!