You know Peeps, right? This news could be one of the saddest that you heard this week. Peeps have been a staple in the United States during events that involve children… of all ages. Usually, we see this product around Halloween and Easter, and we have to thank a guy for this. However, unfortunate news from Just Born Inc. came as Peeps’ executive, Bob Barn, dies at the age of 98. Ira “Bob” Born will always be remembered alongside Peeps, let’s know about his cause of death and how he got the title of ‘Father of Peeps’.
Bob Born’s cause of death
Bob Born became the former president of the Pennsylvania-based company. The saddening news came to the public yesterday. Bob Born died on Sunday, January 29th.
- The cause of the death of Bob Barn was not disclosed by the family. At the age of 98, we hope he didn’t suffer from any painful experiences before he left the world.
- It would possible that Bob passed away because of old age. While the cause has not been said, it would be better to wait for the family’s announcement. At this moment, let’s mourn and pray with Bob’s family and loved ones.
The Father of Peeps
Let’s also take a look back at how Bob Born became the known Father of Peeps. With his knowledge and degree in engineering, way back in 1954, he changed the game for Just Born Inc. His mechanized machinery shortened the production runs of their candies from 27 hours to six minutes.
- According to Just Born Inc.’s website, before Bob’s machinery, the laborious hand-squeezing using pastry tubes was the main process.
- The marshmallow product comes in different shapes that would perfectly fit Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and even summer. Have you tried Peeps Chick already?
More about Bob and Just Born
The family-owned candy manufacturer and business started all the way back in 1923. Just Born continue to stay in the candy industry with iconic brand names like PEEPS, MIKE AND IKE, HOT TAMALES, and GOLDENBERG’S PEANUT CHEWS.
- It started with Sam Born, Bob Born’s father, then passed down to generations. During Bob Born’s active contribution to the company, he even created the recipe for the Hot Tamales.
We have LIFT-OFF 😉 We brought the HEAT to the International Space Station as part of the SpaceX station supply launch! 🚀🛰️ pic.twitter.com/32dQVXLfPj
— HOT TAMALES® 🔥 (@HOTTAMALESBrand) March 12, 2020
- This year, the Just Born Quality Confections celebrates a century of sweetness. As they head for longer years of candy-making, pretty sure the family would continue to pass on this business for more generations to come.
- On the other hand, Bob Born’s son, Ross Born called his father a Renaissance man with many talents. Aside from engineering and business handling, the 98-year-old also knows to play musical instruments. Not just that, Bob Born does woodworking, plays chess, and is fond of photography too.
- Bob Born was born in New York on September 29, 1924. Years later, the family moved to Bethlehem and finished with a degree in engineering physics. When Bob’s waiting to enter medical school, he helped his father with the business. Fortunately, he fell in love with the process and the work and dedicated his years to the family business.
We hope that the love that people have for Peeps and Just Born Inc. reaches the Father of Peeps, Bob Born, wherever he is. May he rest in power.
The team at Spiel Times offers their most heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Bob Barn.
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!