Obsidian Entertainment’s Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire got a new patch today that brings in more god challenges, mega bosses and few tweaks here and there.
- Abydon – The god of the forge is ready to challenge you with forged items you carry. The more you use weapons and armour, the more they will wear down and become “Damaged”. This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
- Skaen – With Skaen’s challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
The forum page also mentions a “Mega Boss” event coming next month. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire players will witness the first Mega Bosses in the game, which are basically end-game challenges meant to play together with the gang.
Here are the entire patch notes –
Patch Notes v2.0.1.0044
- Floating text will no longer remain on the screen out of combat.
- Eder will now properly bark during The Messenger interactions.
- Scene transitions in the Pyramid of Woedica will no longer be hidden in fog.
- Retrained party members will no longer gain Knock Down, Constant Recovery, Battle Axe Proficiency, or Mace Proficiency when they should not.
- Party members will no longer disappear near the portal in Sunken Crown.
- Party members stay together when using the portal in Sunken Crown when it’s flooded.
- The autosave feature works as intended after jumping into the pit in the Beast of Winter DLC and allows for progression.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Until next time, Happy Gaming!