Hey, players! Are you ready for some PlayStation news? If you’ve been waiting for PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge news, we’re most glad to have it here! Last week, August 23rd, Sony announced the newest PlayStation 5 controller. They rolled out its features and customizable design. However, there may be a question passing in the minds of possible customers: are there different colorways, or other designs? Well, if you are much curious about that, we are too! So stick with us here to know more information about the PS5’s DualSense Edge.
Colorways of PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge
We’ll go directly to the point as early as now, there is no announcement yet of other designs for the DualSense Edge. We do think that they are sticking with the black-and-white interface of the controller. However, it is too early to close that subject, so we can wait for further news about it. Rather, we’ll discuss the design of the DualSense Edge for you!
- This upcoming product can look similar to the standard controller, but comparing the DualSense Edge to the standard, there are many differences. If you want to take a closer look at the latest Sony gaming control, you may opt to look and compare it to the PlayStation 5 DualSense. The slick design and comfortability while playing are what make the DualSense designs better.
- Speaking of, peek at the central touchpad of the DualSense Edge above. If not seen clearly, it is quite made of a matte texture and is purely black in color. Also, the directional pad, easier known as the D-pad, goes black from the white color of the earlier controllers.
- The aesthetic changes are visible, especially to players’ and fans’ eyes. Compare the photos below, DualSense Edge on the left and DualSense on the right. Look at the difference in the bottom part, the Edge is more glossy than the original. The color design is much more attractive than much of the usage of the color white.
More about PS5’s DualSense Edge
As we wait for further official announcements, let’s look through again to the newest features of the DualSense Edge. Also, let’s read through what the Art Director, Daisuke Kurihara has to say about the newest design!
- There are new features that definitely you have to watch out for upon the release of this controller! Sony and PlayStation value the players’ comfortability and customization experience. There are buttons you can adjust or change to your liking, such as the back buttons, stick caps, and trigger lengths too!
“We wanted to build on the legacy of iconic PlayStation controllers by creating a controller that empowers players to experiment and personalize elements based on their own unique playstyle – whether they are a competitive gamer or someone who just enjoys having more options to customize their play.” – Daisuke Kurihara
- Also, do take note of the USB Type-C charging and its connector housing to avoid being removed unexpectedly. And speaking of charging, let’s briefly move on to its battery life. The DualSense can be used for around four to ten hours, according to a TechRadar report. Although this specification for the DualSense Edge is not yet mentioned by PlayStation, we hope for longer battery life for the controller.
Well, that’s it for now, players!