Hey, players! Are you up for some PlayStation news today? Then, stick with us here! If you enjoy your PlayStation 5 consoles, you may want to look at their newest controller. A reveal trailer released on the 23rd surprised fans with the PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge. With its first look delivered by Sony, you may first ask us where to buy the controller, right? If you haven’t seen the trailer, peek at PlayStation‘s clip below. Also, we’ll discuss the features of the newest controller for you, so what are we waiting for?
PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge Features
The first look of the upcoming controller faced fans on August 23rd, 2022. The controller was officially released through a blog post by PlayStation’s Senior Vice President in Platform Experience, Hideaki Nishino.
“Today, we are thrilled to unveil the DualSense Edge wireless controller for PlayStation 5, the first-ever high-performance, ultra-customizable controller developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.” – Hideaki Nishino
There are numerous features that may possibly persuade you to purchase the newest controller. So before we tell you where and how to buy PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge, we’ll walk you through its features.
- Firstly, ultra-customizable controls are made for players’ preferences. Why do they address it as ultra-customizable? You can make the controller based on your liking, and make use of the newest mappable back buttons. Set the swappable buttons to any other input buttons to help you with your gaming! Also, change your stick caps with three available types to find your comfort, nice grip, and stability while playing.
- Make the PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge yours as you can “manually set the travel distance of your left and right triggers for an optimal experience with whatever you’re playing.” Having some problems with the controller wire? Well, this newest one gives you a USB braided cable with a lockable connector housing.
- Personalize the control profiles of your controller. You can adjust the sticks, triggers, and vibrations. Adjust the stick sensitivity and its dead zones, even the trigger dead zones, and the vibration intensity that suits perfectly your gaming style. Also, you may remap or deactivate certain input buttons depending on the game you are playing at the moment.
- Lastly, the handy Fn button leads you to the controller settings to easily set up and adjust your controls. You may want to read more here about the Fn function and the controller features!
Where to buy PS5 DualSense Edge + Possible Release Date
Now, we’re here to the last part where you can know where and how to purchase the newest controller to add to your gaming collection. As of this writing, Sony and PlayStation are yet to announce the price and availability of the upcoming controller.
In the upcoming months, the brand promised to make further announcements on the controller. It would be wise to have this controller available by the 2022 holiday season, but it’s not certain if that will happen.
- We can also stay tuned in to PlayStation Direct as this is where PlayStation drops their pre-order links, and shop here as well! On the other hand, if you are familiar with PlayStation 5’s DualSense controller, maybe you can estimate the possible price for the new one.
- The DualSense retails for around $69.99 on PlayStation Direct. You may want to consider the features and price of their competitor as well in estimating. So far, we may estimate a $160 to $200 market price for the DualSense Edge.
- Also, for additional information about the PS5 controller, keep everything on your carrying case! Here is the list of everything included when you purchase the DualSense Edge.
- DualSense Edge wireless controller
- USB braided cable
- 2 Standard Stick Caps
- 2 High Dome Stick Caps
- 2 Low Dome Stick Caps
- 2 Half Dome Back Buttons
- 2 Lever Back Buttons
- Connector Housing
- Carrying Case
That’s it for now, players!