Sony’s outreach has stretched to many diverse collaborations with its platform-exclusive titles. They have swept the industry with critically acclaimed franchises and iconic characters. Many of these have incorporated PlayStation character crossovers in other games. However, there is a new collaborative event that will whet your appetite.
Sony has unveiled PlayStation To Plate, a project that will bring three meals inspired by The Last of Us 2, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart to life!
Starting tomorrow, these dishes will be accessible through the partnering restaurants on the food delivery app Deliveroo. Unfortunately for those in other countries, this program is based solely on Australia’s local culinary scene and is a collaboration with Sony’s Australian branch.
Ellie’s Steak Sandwich
- From Mary’s in Newtown! This alludes to the “bigot sandwiches” from The Last of Us 2’s beginning. It is made for Ellie by another Jackson resident, Seth, who talked derogatorily to her the night before.
- Fans, and Ellie herself, refer to the sandwich as such in The Last of Us 2. However, Mary’s steak sandwiches look fantastic and even look identically in light, form-fitting wrapping.
- the simple-looking penne pasta meal that Nate gets from the kitchen for Elena and him to eat on the sofa in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is represented by The Italian Bowl from Newtown.
- The Italian Bowl is reputed to have a family-friendly ambiance, which nicely suits the romantic mild-mannered dinner scene in Uncharted 4.
Sirangian Honey Mousse
- This is a reference to Chef Tulio’s Sirangian Honey from Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. It is modified from the upside-down Snagglebeast honey mousse that players do not get to see.
- Bistro Morgan’s Sirangian Honey Mousse has to be considerably more cunning with its presentation, but Morgan Hipworth’s innovation is still a beautiful result.
If PlayStation To Plate were to expand to other countries, it would be interesting to see what game-inspired dishes could be developed and by which local restaurants.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!