Last year, Niantic announced that Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn would be held in Las Vegas over the course of a weekend. Furthermore, they revealed more details about Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn, including challenges, freebies, and other exciting news that would make any Trainer look forward to this fun-filled weekend. Keep reading to find out more!
What is Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn?
In November 2022, Niantic announced a new event coming this February 2023. The Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn will take place in Sunset Park, Las Vegas. Niantic didn’t shy away from revealing the official dates, as the in-person event will happen from February 18 to February 19, 2023.
Tickets have already gone on sale after the event was announced. The team behind the augmented reality app has confirmed that tickets are officially SOLD OUT. They made the announcement last January 20, 2023, expressing their excitement to meet Trainers from far and wide at the live event.
Tickets for Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn – Las Vegas are officially SOLD OUT.
We’re so excited to meet more Trainers on this Hoenn-inspired adventure! pic.twitter.com/bQAq2ZwBQi
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) January 19, 2023
- While the live event takes place on February 18 to February 19, a global event in the game will take place a week later. On February 25 and 26, Trainers should log onto their game to participate in exciting events. The event goes live from 10 AM to 6 PM local time.
What will happen during the event?
Trainers can have Legendary Encounters during the live event with Latios and Latias. All they have to do is take snapshots of Latios or Latias in the wild to get another opportunity to encounter these two.
However, the highlight of the live event is the Ruby vs Sapphire Challenge. In this challenge, Trainers can choose which team they want. Remember that if you attend this event in person, your chosen team will affect the Pokemon you encounter in the wild. Each team can work together to complete special Field Research tasks every hour.
Which team to choose in Ruby vs Sapphire Challenge
If you want to encounter a Primal Kyogre in Pokemon GO, you should go for Team Sapphire. On the other hand, you can encounter a Primal Groudon for those on Team Ruby. For those unfamiliar with Primal Pokemon in GO, they are essentially upgraded and more powerful pocket monsters.
Something big is coming…
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) January 18, 2023
Primal Reversion is a phenomenon powered by natural energy that transforms select Pokémon, which gives them a new appearance, improves their performance in battle, and more!
Trainers who participated in the live event can then carry over their badge once Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn goes live in the app.
Secret codes and increased luck
Another perk to attending the event in person is your chance to discover secret codes scattered around the area. Make sure to keep an eye out for any codes you come across in Sunset Park. Once you find these codes, it gives you chances to catch Legendary Pokemon.
Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn also marks the debut of Shiny Kecleon in the augmented reality mobile game. Aside from Pokemon originating from the region of Hoenn, those who have tickets will most likely be luckier in their encounters compared to other Trainers.
What’s in store for ticket-holders?
These are some of the perks ticket-holders have during the Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn in Las vegas:
- Increased chance of encountering Shiny Pokemon in the wild
- Increased chance of receiving Spooky Scramble and Energy Boost Field Research tasks
- Egg hatch distance is halved during the event
- Interact with Photo Discs at Gyms to receive nine daily Raid Passes
- Six Special trades are given each day within Sunset Park
- Trades will cost half the amount of Stardust if you are within Sunset Park
- During the event, Incense is activated for 90 minutes, further increasing your chances of encountering costumed or Unowned Pokemon
Aside from bonuses in Sunset Park, ticket-holders can have wild Pokemon encounters all over Las Vegas, depending on which day they attend the live event. To make the most out of this bonus, log on during the event hours if you are not in Sunset Park.
- Pikachu and Eevee will also be in Sunset Park, but they will wear special costumes. Trainers then have the opportunity to have a photo op with these two pocket monsters.
- And finally, Trainers can enjoy new music to be played during the event. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire inspire these tunes, so keep your ears peeled for these! Moreover, the person responsible for these tunes is none other than Junichi Masuda.
In this article, you can read more about the new details coming to Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn.
Will you be taking part in the Pokemon GO: Tour Hoenn event? Which pocket monster are you looking forward to encountering? Share with us in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.