RoboCop: Rogue City, an upcoming first-person shooter, has debuted its initial gameplay and unveiled Alex Murphy as the protagonist. Alex bears a striking resemblance to Peter Weller from the original casting. Currently, June 2023 will be the game’s release.
RoboCop: Rogue City
Along with the announcement, the game’s debut gameplay trailer was also made public. It offers a brief peek of some auto-tracking crosshairs and an image of ED-209 engaged in combat. As you seek to bring justice to the risky, criminal-infested streets of Old Detroit, be part man, part machine, and all cop hero.
You will engage in a brand-new first-person, explosive quest for the truth while armed with your dependable Auto-9, factory-built strength, years of expertise on the force, and various equipment at your disposal. You have the freedom to choose how to carry out the core instructions in your own way. But as the plot develops, proceed with caution because corruption and greed have no bounds.
Welcome to Detroit; crime runs rampant, the city on the edge of ruin. As things descend further into chaos, you are the solution, a cyborg officer, Robocop. And it wouldn't feel right without Peter Weller reprising this role.
— RoboCop: Rogue City (@RoboCopRC) July 7, 2022
RoboCop is a classic action film, one of the best action films ever made, and a Paul Verhoeven combination of extreme violence and dystopian satire. The city of Detroit and Omni Consumer Products, the business that will go on to manufacture RoboCop, are both shown in the TV series, and a prequel series based on these events are now being developed.
What We Know So Far…
- Robocop: Rogue City is still largely unknown outside of the recent trailer. According to the game’s official Steam page, it is a brand-new first-person. It will be an explosive hunt for the truth that will let you carry out your primary objectives depending on how you want to do it.
Yes, we know you'd 'buy that for a dollar', but RoboCop: Rogue City is going to be worth the full price of admission.
— RoboCop: Rogue City (@RoboCopRC) July 9, 2022
- The last time Robocop made a big cameo in a video game was in Mortal Kombat 11. This also included Peter Weller as the cyborg and other special guests including Spawn, the Joker, and the Terminator.
Will it be Like The Terminator: Resistance?
Terminator: Resistance was in a really bad place when it was published at the tail end of 2019. Terminator: Resistance, while adapting the Terminator concept into a fun video game should be possible, Teyon should not have attempted it on their current budget.
The DLC didn’t make the game any better…
- The game received a big patch to strengthen the AI, as well as Annihilation Line DLC and Terminator: Resistance Enhanced for the latest console generation.
- However, that might not have been enough to change the situation enough. The Annihilation Line DLC extension is a good DLC expansion. This, however, won’t make you think differently about Terminator: Resistance.
- There are more activities to get involved in if you like the atmosphere and the shooting. Regardless, the gameplay remains the same throughout.
Overall, we didn’t think the DLC made the game any better. We understand that other titles became better after receiving patches/DLCs but not this time around.
If you have any questions regarding Elden Ring, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!