While there is no official announcement yet from Rockstar about GTA 6, it seems the game’s studio is ready to bid farewell to GTA 5. For years now, Rockstar has kept GTA 5 at the top of their priority list. But all good things must come to an end as Rockstar seems to be gearing up for GTA 6’s release.
Is this an end of an era? What will happen to GTA Online and GTA 5 if Rockstar shifts its focus on the upcoming title? Here’s everything you need to know about the latest GTA 6 news.
Is Rockstar saying goodbye to GTA 5 to make way for GTA 6?
- For nearly a decade, Rockstar has been committed to bringing new content to GTA 5 and GTA Online. But when some fans started pointing out a new ‘Thank You’ page on the studio’s website, it raised suspicion that Rockstar may be shifting its focus on GTA 6.
- For a while now, some fans were convinced that the next game in the series is all just hearsay. Although we did get leaks, that didn’t prove that Rockstar had any plans on releasing the next title in the long-standing GTA series.
- But this ‘Thank You’ page on the official GTA website has us starting to believe in the rumors and leaks. And if we go back 9 years ago, GTA 5 was first released on September 17, 2013.
- It’s not like Rockstar to just pop up out of the blue and suddenly dedicate a page on their website thanking all the 5101 developers who worked on GTA 5 and the Online version. The studio proceeds to express its gratitude to its global team since GTA V and GTA Online “represent their combined efforts” over the years.
- From the looks of it, Rockstar may be building up momentum for a big reveal on the day of the game’s anniversary. But of course, some fans disagreed with this being the end of an era. And as we mentioned, GTA 5 is nearing its anniversary.
- Maybe the reason Rockstar put up that ‘Thank You’ page is to acknowledge the dedicated people who have contributed to the masterpiece that is GTA 5 its Online mode. However, there’s still that sliver of hope that Rockstar is moving on from the title and focusing on GTA 6.
There have been constant leaks about GTA 6 for some time now
- To further fuel the rumors that the sixth game is going to be announced soon, GTA 6 has had tons of leaks in the past. First, there is reason to believe that the game will be set in Vice City again. But this time, it’s going to be bigger and better.
- The map is rumored to be a combination of GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2’s large open-world maps. So what this essentially means is Rockstar may be combining all of the maps from previous games. Then, they’re molding it into one.
- If that turns out to be true, then we need to gear up for what GTA 6 may bring. Furthermore, it might only release on next-gen consoles such as the Xbox Series X|S and the PlayStation 5. From the looks of it, consoles from the previous generation may not be able to handle it at all.
- And then, we have leaked about the protagonists of the game. From the looks of it, we get to play as a modern Bonnie and Clyde but they’re possibly siblings. Additionally, the upcoming game marks the first time we can play as a female lead in GTA.
As for more detailed information about the game, we have yet to hear from Rockstar Games about GTA 6. It’s possible the studio is avoiding talking about it at all.
Recently, they’ve banned the phrase ‘GTA 6’ from their Twitch chats. So it’s possible that something is up with the game studio and the next title in the series.
Of course, there’s no way we can say these things are true unless Rockstar comes out with whatever it is they have up their sleeves. But we’re more than hopeful for GTA 6 to finally arrive. It’s been too long already and honestly, give GTA 5 and GTA Online the retirement it deserves.
With that being said, what do you think about Rockstar possibly bidding farewell to GTA 5 and making way for GTA 6?
Do you think it’s a step in the right direction or is it better for the studio to take their time on the next title first? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
If you have other questions about GTA or Rockstar Games, feel free to share them in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.