Let’s be honest: the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet was a huge disappointment for fans that have been looking forward to it ever since it was announced. The game definitely looked promising at first. However, issues started popping up after the general public got their hands on the games. With all these bugs and issues, we can’t help but wonder: will there be a patch update for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet coming soon? Keep reading to find out more about this rumored patch update!
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are plagued with issues
Nearly two weeks after the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, a lot of players already noticed issues with the games. These issues vary from minor bugs to something as extreme as corrupted save files.
- Honestly, some issues are forgivable. Players shared the bugs they’ve come across so far in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Check out this compilation of the funniest bugs in the games so far!
— migeo (@heatcrash_) November 21, 2022
- And if you want more funny bugs in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, check out this clip! According to most players, it’s common for NPCs to randomly walk in the middle of a Pokemon battle
— Daniel Alba (@EvernightStudio) November 20, 2022
- On the surface, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are everything Trainers could ask for. But it falls short in terms of optimization and smoothing out the gaming experience for its players
- While playing, you may encounter your game crashing altogether for no reason at all. When this happens, there’s a high chance for your save file to become corrupted. Sure, you can always access the Autosave file but a released game as big as these two should not run into this type of problem
Will there be a patch update coming soon?
Unfortunately, there is no confirmation yet from Game Freak on when we can expect a brand-new patch. They have already released the Day One patch for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet but these weren’t aimed at the bugs players are running into.
- It is important to note that Game Freak is also responsible for previous Pokemon titles. These titles include Pokemon Legends: Arceus and Sword & Shield. For both games, Game Freak has released patch updates aimed at fixing bugs after almost three months (6-7 weeks, at most)
- If they will follow the same pattern for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, it might take a while before a patch update arrives. Considering the number of issues encountered by players, Game Freak should definitely dedicate all the time they have to resolve these
What’s causing all these issues?
Game Freak hasn’t released a statement yet on why their latest Pokemon titles are filled with bugs and performance issues. Hopefully, they get around to acknowledging and fixing them because gamers are far from pleased with how janky the games are.
Fingers crossed that we’ll get a patch fix for all these issues once January 2023 arrives. That would be a great way to start the new year, no? Plus, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet seemed promising as an open-world Pokemon game, so we’re hoping it can still be saved.
In the meantime, check out other funny clips of these glitches and bugs in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
— Ryan James Dee (@RyanJamesDee) November 21, 2022
— … (@ferraris26) November 20, 2022
— Aria (@ar_art_1) November 18, 2022
— Hachu Shipping Zone | 6.2 Spoilers 🦄♊️🐉 (@HachuruiDhoro) November 23, 2022
If you have other questions about Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, leave them in the comments below and we’ll get back to you soon! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.