Who’s up for some new leaks and a mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? We are! And while you’re here, maybe you’d like to know about the leaks here. The CoD: Modern Warfare 2 came to the gaming community last October 28, 2022. As the game continuously updates, leaks came left and right, and apparently, a Ranked Mode is ready for play. Well, here’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 New Mode!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 New Mode
Call of Duty gets a ranked play in Modern Warfare 2! If you think you’re playing a Ranked Mode in the game already, you got it all wrong. And of course, we can say our thanks to data miner @codsploitz_imgs for this leaked information.
— CODSploitzImgs (@codsploitz_imgs) December 16, 2022
- Early information gathered: the Ranked Mode on MW2 may come at the beginning of 2023. Yep, we can say an estimate that we’re a month or two away from its launch.
- In an Insider Gaming report, it said that Activision actively DMCA’d (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) photos and clips (just like the Tweet above — the main reason they can’t post them. What can excite you though? Insider Gaming’s words, “But boy, are they juicy!”
- Leaks include the upcoming second season of CoD: MW2. In line with a new season, a new map and operator are probably set to arrive. The alleged operator could be 2019’s Modern Warfare Ronin Operator, while the map perhaps is the Castle map way back in Call of Duty: World at War.
About the Ranked Mode
Here’s all information we got that might be helpful before we get into next year! Along with the coming of Season 2 would be the arrival of the said mode. We’re thrilled about the upcoming ranked play, so we’ll share the great news with you too.
- If you’re familiar with CoD Mobile’s Multiplayer Ranked Game (5v5), pretty sure you’ll easily understand how the upcoming MW2 Ranked Mode goes.
- The Ranked Mode shall be played on a 4 versus 4 game. Players must follow all rules, and utilize the map and the mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Players level up their skill divisions and tiers through this so-called ‘SR’. This SR is adjusted and applied with every start of the match and earned depending on performance and victory or loss stats.
- If you’re a competitive gamer and decide to win three consecutive games, well you are now on a Hot Streak. It lights up your emblem and just stops when you lose a match.
- Ranks and skill divisions are also present in the upcoming mode. Ranks stay permanent across multiple seasons, however, skill divisions change every new season. According to the data miner, a total of seven skill divisions can be watched out in the Ranked Mode.
More about Modern Warfare 2 Ranked Mode
As the newly added features of the upcoming Ranked Mode play written above, there are still some unchanged features from the Modern Warfare title.
- Players can use all unrestricted attachments during the game. There are restricted items still and a default friendly fire (they make sure you won’t shoot your squad mates!) for all.
- Moreover, inactivity, disconnection, and repeated friendly fire can turn into suspension or penalties. Be sure you have a great Internet connection, and won’t leave your squadmates in a match!
We hope you take this leak with a grain of salt. The Ranked Mode may be confirmed by the development studio of the Black Ops, Treyarch, but these leaks are still subject to change.
You can play the game on multiple platforms like PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We can’t be sure yet of all the details, so let’s wait for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 New Mode!