Rumors and fan theories about the Marvel Cinematic Universe deserve a news column of their own. Ever since Kevin Feige announced the upcoming Avengers lineup, Secret Wars, and Kang Dynasty, the rumor mill has been working overtime. The latest and the most exciting entrant is Andrew Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man return in Marvel’s Avengers: Kang Dynasty. Here’s what we know so far about his possible comeback to the MCU.
Rumors of Andrew Garfield’s return
According to industry insiders, Andrew Garfield will be reprising his role as Peter Parker AKA The Amazing Spider-Man in the 2025 film Avengers: Kang Dynasty.
- Even better news for Spidey fans – Tobey Maguire will also be featuring in the upcoming Avengers films and it’s rumored that both their roles will be way more significant than their extended cameos in Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- Given that Marvel has already opened Pandora’s box of multiversal variants, there are absolutely no limits on the different roles that the Spider-Man heroes can choose.
Avengers: Kang Dynasty
Scheduled to be released in 2025, Avengers: Kang Dynasty is all set to be directed by Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings director Destin Daniel Cretton.
- The titular Kang played by Jonathan Majors made his first appearance in the Disney+ series Loki and makes his big screen debut in the coming month with Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
- Just like Avengers: Endgame followed up Avengers: Infinity War a year later, Avengers: Secret Wars will follow up Avengers: Kang Dynasty in the same interval of time. Andrew Garfield is expected to feature significantly in both films.
Andrew Garfield in Marvel
Kevin Feige broke the internet as well as box-office records in 2021 when he brought Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- Andrew Garfield played the iconic Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man and its sequel. Despite enjoying moderate success when compared to Tobey Maguire’s trilogy with Sam Raimi or even Tom Holland’s commercial pull, Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man holds a special place in the hearts of fans.
Marvel’s Phase Five and Six
This year marks the beginning of the MCU’s Phase Five with Quantumania, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and The Marvels. Captain America: New World Order is touted to be released next year.
- All these films are slowly building up for an explosive and exciting finale in Phase Six with Avengers: Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars.
- After Disney acquired Fox, the possibility of X-Men and Fantastic Four arriving in the MCU has been more concrete than ever.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness already featured Charles Xavier and Reed Richards in brief but memorable cameos.
I really need Sony and Marvel to realize how much potential Andrew Garfield still has as Spider-Man because you cannot waste a casting that good. pic.twitter.com/xGTdF1Oads
— Jake! 🔜 Ohayocon (@Vaughanilla_) October 31, 2022
Just imagine, Andrew Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man pitted against Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine in Avengers: Secret Wars. Even if this is just speculation, it blows your mind, doesn’t it?
You can also share any questions you have about Andrew Garfield’s MCU return in Avengers: Kang Dynasty. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.