Reports had started to renounce themselves in later parts of 2020 with rumor of Rockstar having officially begun with GTA 6. Amidst all these developments we bring to you something that will drop your jaw. Massive, over 90+ videos and source code of GTA 6 has been released and these GTA 6 leaks hint at Vice City map return.
The age has begun to truly shine ever since Rockstar announced GTA 6 in early 2022. The rumors have now shapeshifted into something distinguishable. Not only Rockstar officially confirmed GTA 6 in a press release, but they also recently bid farewell to GTA 5 Online.
Is GTA 6 Confirmed?
1. Take-Two Ceo’s words
Yes, GTA 6 is confirmed. Rockstar’s parent company Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said the following –
“GTA 6’s development is well underway. The Rockstar Games team is determined to once again set creative benchmarks for the series, our industry, and for all entertainment, just as the label has done with every one of their frontline releases.”
2. What we can confirm through Press Releases
In another press release that Rockstar had released early this year, a spokesperson wrote the following –
“With the unprecedented longevity of GTA V, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the GTA series. With every new project that we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously accomplished. And we are happy to confirm the active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for official detail.”
3. Rockstar Bid Farewell to GTA V Online
Rockstar’s recent effort in thanking all the people involved in GTA V/Online felt like a thank you gesture to commemorate the coming of a new edition. As of now, we are pretty sure GTA 6 is GAME ON. Read further about this here.
GTA 6 Leaks Vice City and Female Protagonist; Fake or Real?
In what seems like a potentially true leak, we witnessed a giant load of over 90 videos that show different aspects and elements of a GTA 6 Gameplay. This includes visiting the strip club, gunplay by robbing a shop, a police car chase, a female and male protagonist, and a few dialogue exchanges. The leaks resemble debug elements that can usually be seen in the pre-production of the game. The modules also have a resemblance to those of GTA V.
What do The Leaks Confirm?
- If the leaks are any true, it firstly confirms the previously floating rumors that GTA 6 will feature a female and male protagonist.
Return of Vice City
- It also confirms a potential return of the Vice City map that is based on Miami and Miami beach.
Zoomed in on the license plate, will GTA 6 be in San Andreas again? But what is V.C.P.D. pic.twitter.com/MaRKasY1lg
— Fernando Gonzalez (@FernyOfficial) September 18, 2022
- One fan on Twitter zoomed in on a leaked video’s police car and saw what is named VCPD (Vice City Police Department).
- Yeah, I know that the number plate says San Andreas, but that might just be a game model placeholder.
- These are usually borrowed from previous developments. No game developer fully creates everything up from scratch without using previous in-built structures.
- Certain clips show that the hardware used for the test is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 at 720p with HDR disabled. This could potentially indicate Rockstar navigating optimization for lower-end systems.
- There are major references to equipment and weapon. A few videos show different handguns, smoke grenades, and Assault rifles. One clip even showed a golf club (takes you right back to VICE CITY BABY!).
Are the GTA 6 Leaks Real?
There seem to be many elements that come from GTA V. These resemblances are staggering enough for fans to verdict these as fake. Well in dealing with such rumors, one’s best assets are to analyze the debates that take over the internet.
- Firstly for a leak of this amount to be a plain troll, is a tad too much work. To compile over 90 videos on a potential GTA 6 development, and to provide a massive source code segment for the same is just too much work. But then again, given GTA 6’s excitement and hype, there can always be such cultists around.
- The leaks also show an NPC talking about Lifeinvader and Jay Norris, the tech genius who was wasted in GTA V.
- The number of unfinished aspects is huge. So huge that it resembles a game early in its development. Given Rockstar’s stances, it is likely that GTA 6 is not coming anywhere earlier than 2024. As such, these clips make perfect sense.
- Many complain that these are fakes, but few point out the voiced dialogues and debug elements.
Who Leaked GTA 6?
In GTA Forums a user named teapotubehacker posted a zip and said the following –
“Here are 90 footage/clips from GTA 6. Its possible i could leak more data soon, GTA 5 and 6 source code and assets, GTA 6 testing build. [sp]”
The user said this has been leaked from an official slack group within Rockstar.
The best (for us) and worst (for them, or is it?) thing Rockstar can do at this point is to massively take down the videos. IGN in their report of the same decision not to link to the youtube videos of the leaks. Rockstar even banned the phrase ‘GTA 6’ from their twitch chats recently. With actions such as these, it wouldn’t be improbable for Rockstar to take the videos down. But there’s the catch, the moment they do we will be two steps closer to being confirmed that these leaks are indeed authentic.
But the problem ultimately lies herein. No matter how many leaks we confirm, ultimately how the game turns out will depend on the developers. We can of course voice our concerns in this democratic world and hope things side our way. But until anything is spoken and confirmed by Rockstar themselves, we better rock the rumors and leaks as hopes for a hopeful dream.
Make sure to share, and subscribe to our push notifications You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!