In a surprising turn of events, Romy Jalosjos, a politician and businessman, has reportedly made plans to kick out producer Tony Tuviera and the iconic TVJ trio of Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey de Leon from the popular noontime show, Eat Bulaga! Here are the latest developments on what happens in Eat Bulaga!, the hosts, and the production.
For those unfamiliar with the Philippine noontime TV scene, Eat Bulaga! has been a staple in Filipino households for decades. The show, which first aired in 1979, features various segments such as singing contests, comedic skits, and interactive games that have become popular among Filipinos of all ages. Over the years, the show has been able to maintain its popularity and has become a cultural phenomenon in the Philippines.
Latest update on the noontime show
An earlier report from PEP.ph states that Alden Richards comes back to Eat Bulaga! on March 11, 2023. Also, a reportedly new addition to the production as director Louie Ignacio could join the crew.
- PEP’s Cabinet Files reached out to Bullet Jalosjos, son of Romy Jalosjos, about the circulating rumors and issues. The Dapitan City Mayor said, “As per board, we will have a presscon soon and answer all issues facing the company.”
- “At the same time, present new format na mangyayari agreed [upon] by all the executives,” Mayor Bullet added.
(At the same time, a new format will be presented which will be agreed upon by all the executives.)
Is TVJ leaving Eat Bulaga?
As we speak, it’s still too early to predict what the future holds for Eat Bulaga! But as we all know, unexpected changes can happen at any moment. Nevertheless, the show continues to grace our screens daily with its iconic trio of Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey De Leon, affectionately known as TVJ. And let’s not forget the mastermind behind the show’s success, the co-founder of Television and Production Exponent (TAPE) Inc. and EB’s producer, Antonio “Tony” Tuviera.
- Despite the uncertainty surrounding the show’s fate, fans were treated to a heartwarming surprise last Saturday when all three hosts graced the stage together. They serenaded the audience with the show’s original theme song, a masterpiece composed by the multi-talented Vic Sotto. In addition, Tito took a trip down memory lane, revealing that the idea for “Eat Bulaga!” originally came from the brilliant mind of Joey De Leon.
- At the end of the segment, Tito mentions that Eat Bulaga! needs no alterations. Congratulations sa production ng ‘Eat Bulaga!’! Keep it up! Keep up the good work. Walang dapat baguhin sa production ng ‘Eat Bulaga!’,” Tito said.
(Congratulations to the production team of ‘Eat Bulaga!’! Keep it up! Keep up the good work. There’s nothing that needs to be changed in the production of ‘Eat Bulaga!’.)
- With the words left by the TVJ hosts, there may still be uncertainty, but surely the family that Eat Bulaga! built would always remain. “Akin, ini-extend ko ang invitation sa inyong lahat. Magkita-kita ulit tayo, after six years to celebrate ‘Eat Bulaga!’s’ 50 years on television,” Joey added after Tito’s remarks.
(I am extending my invitation to all of you. Let’s meet again after six years to celebrate ‘Eat Bulaga!’s’ 50 years on television.)
How the rumor started
Jalosjos has the biggest shares in TAPE Inc., but Tuviera manages the company and Eat Bulaga! However, the rumor started when an alleged transfer of management happened — the three sons of Jalosjos. A rebranding could happen that may cause a different setup, production, and talents.
- Last week, according to a report from Bilyonaryo, Romeo “Romy” Jalosjos, who is known to have business interests in the media industry, has been eyeing the takeover of Eat Bulaga! for some time now. The show, which has been on the air for over four decades, is one of the most beloved and longest-running programs on Philippine television.
- It is said that Jalosjos believes that the current management and hosts of Eat Bulaga! are no longer capable of sustaining the show’s popularity and relevance in today’s fast-paced media landscape. He reportedly thinks that a major shakeup is necessary to bring in fresh ideas and talent.
- The news sparked intense discussions and debates among fans of the show. Many expressed their shock and dismay at the prospect of Tito, Vic, Joey, and Tuviera being removed from the show they helped build and popularize.
Who could succeed for TVJ?
Let’s be real, finding a replacement for the iconic hosting trio of TVJ on Eat Bulaga! seems like a daunting task. It’s not easy to fill the shoes of these beloved mainstays who have been an integral part of the Philippine noontime television scene. Unless, of course, TAPE Inc. decides to offer hosting responsibilities to some of the biggest names in the industry, like the sensational love team, KathNiel, for instance.
- The trio has been originals and mainstays, not just on Eat Bulaga!, but for the Philippine noontime television. Viewers would always follow them wherever they would go, in whatever name they show would be called.
Si Boss Joey ni reveal ang ulam ng Dabarkads! 😱
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE: https://t.co/olkiIOwlGM pic.twitter.com/slaE6zSmGc
— Eat Bulaga! (@EatBulaga) March 6, 2023
- Their loyal fans have been following them for years, and they have become a staple in the lives of many Filipinos. However, rumors have been circulating that the owner of Eat Bulaga!, Romy Jalosjos, is trying to lure the equally beloved host, Willie Revillame, to join the show. With his engaging segments and games, Revillame has garnered a massive following with his show, Wowowin, which he has been hosting since 2015.
- But hold your horses, folks! Romy Jalosjos’s son, Bullet, has come forward to debunk these rumors, calling them completely untrue. In an interview with PEP.ph, he set the record straight by stating, “No. Not true, for the record po.” So, for now, it seems like we’ll just have to wait and see what’s next for Eat Bulaga! and its iconic trio of TVJ.
Tito, Vic, and Joey’s future
For years, the entertainment industry has been blessed with the immense talent and charisma of this iconic trio. With all three already surpassing the 60-year mark, many have speculated that it may be time for them to take a much-deserved break from the limelight.
- However, a recent report from Bilyonaryo suggests otherwise. According to the report, the trio is reportedly gearing up to launch a new noontime show that could potentially rival their current program.
- The rumored show, which is said to be called Dabarkads, will reportedly feature not only TVJ but also a star-studded lineup of Jose Manalo, Wally Bayola, Allan K, and Maine Mendoza.
- With the possibility of a new show in the works, it seems like the trio is not ready to slow down anytime soon. Only time will tell what the future holds for these icons of the industry, but one thing’s for sure, their fans will undoubtedly be rooting for them every step of the way.
So, what’s next for Eat Bulaga!? Only time will tell, but one thing’s for sure, the show’s legacy will continue to live on in the hearts of its loyal viewers.
You can share any questions you have about Eat Bulaga! and the TVJ in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.