Good news has arrived for players of Sea of Thieves! The game paved the way for the desire to experience pirate life. Sea of Thieves is an intriguing experience of the sea and its bizarre creatures, just within your hands. It shows a vast world of adventures alongside other players.
The Season 7 updates bring an even better gaming experience. The new patch was delayed to August, and it is finally here! The new season presents new game features, outpost cosmetics, events, updates, and fixed issues. Definitely a promising comeback!
There is so much to say about the season, however, we have only listed five significant ones below. These updates are what we believe can hook you up to playing the game immediately.
The Sea of Thieves Season 7 Update 2.6.0 patch notes
New Game Features
Apparently, this is a long-awaited feature for some of the players. It is now possible for a pirate to become the Captain themselves! You can buy these ships and manage them from the game’s menu screen. While Shipwrights are meant to look after the ship’s needs, the Sovereigns will be the ones to steal treasure and sell them in place of you.
- Being the captain of a ship provides more access to several things, but this accessibility also demands responsibility. As the Captain, of course, it is your sole responsibility to take care of your ship before anyone else attempts to attack or steal from it.
- When you are sailing a Captained ship, the common tradesfolk also gain new importance in managing your ship. They are now capable of restoring any damage for a certain fee and supply you with special Captain’s Voyages.
- As previously mentioned, being the Captain of the ship grants privileges. A significant part of this privilege is to gain access to decorating your own ship. The chance to redecorate your own quarters is exclusive only to the Captain.
- Tables and chairs, curtains and drapes, beds, rugs, and chandeliers can all be replaced with new versions acquired during your exploits. Trinkets will also give your ship that final unique touch.
Sea of Thieves Season 7 Events
Unlock even more cosmetics throughout the new season with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned to the social channels of Sea of Thieves to know when Twitch Drops will be active for Partnered streamers, where players can earn clothes pieces from the Emerging Morningstar set within the first set of Drops. Find out how to link your account on our Twitch Drops page.
Gameplay Fixed Issues
For a smoother game experience, certain issues from the previous version have also been fixed:
- Players on Xbox no longer have the option to ‘Recentre Mouse in Menus’ via the in-game Settings Menu, even if they use a mouse connected to the sole as the feature is not available for consoles.
- The Emissaries passing into a Tunnel of the Damned can drop a Broken Emissary Flag again in the water when they leave the server.
- The items brought on board are now accurately identified when using a ship’s harpoon to retrieve items and drop them on the edge of the hull. The correct Emissary Grade progression is granted.
- Cosmetic and Vanity Chests can now sort owned cosmetics by the date they were added to the game.
- There will no longer be multiple appearances of Graymarrow and Briggsy when canceling and restarting Tall Tale checkpoints.
Other than the new features mentioned above, expect new Season Rewards and Plunder Pass rewards in Season 7. Make sure to also keep an eye out for Pirate Emporium if you are looking for new liveries. Can’t wait to be sailing with you, pirates! For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!