Fans of real-time strategy games, rejoice! Anno 1800 is getting ported to consoles like the Sony PlayStation 5 and we couldn’t be more excited. Aside from the PlayStation 5, the console version is also coming to the Xbox Series X|S and even Amazon Luna. Keep reading to know more about Anno 1800 on the Sony PlayStation 5 as well as the possible release date!
Anno 1800 was released back in 2019 but it could only be played on the PC. This is understandable considering that city-builder games are easier to navigate if you’re using a keyboard and mouse. However, we can expect that the controls are tweaked in the upcoming Anno 1800 console version to adapt to controllers like the DualSense on the PlayStation 5.
Anno 1800 is getting a Console Edition for the Sony PlayStation 5
In the most recent blog post uploaded to Anno Union, they revealed that a Console Edition will be coming soon for players on other platforms. According to the blog, the team is “working hard on bringing the base game experience of Anno 1800” to consoles like the PlayStation 5.
- What we know about the game’s development is the base game is the one coming to consoles. As of now, it looks like there won’t be any DLCs accessible through the Console Edition
- Come November, there will be a Technical Test open to players on the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X|S. Ubisoft is now accepting registrations for Anno 1800 Console Edition Technical Test. You can do so by heading over to this link
- The Technical Test will include an NDA which players have to sign before they can be accepted. This is fairly common in beta testing so as to avoid players from leaking content during the testing stage
- Details like changes in gameplay, an official release date, and DLCs to be included weren’t part of the blog post. They did promise that more information will come in early 2023
Possible Release Date
Since Technical Testing will start in November, there is a slight chance that Anno 1800 will release sometime next year. If all goes well during the testing stage, we can probably expect the game in either Q3 or Q4 of 2023.
- On PC, the game is quite demanding because of its dense and rich environment. By allowing players to experience Anno 1800 on the console through the Technical Test, the team will be able to see what aspects need adjusting to make gameplay smoother and more enjoyable
- At the moment, there are tons of DLCs available for Anno 1800 players to enjoy. Once the console version is released, we can expect the same DLCs to be available on platforms like the Sony PlayStation 5
- One of the cool features of Anno 1800 is the ability to play online with multiple people. This may be one of the features players can try out during the Technical Test so Ubisoft will know if they need to make any other adjustments
- The multiplayer mode lets you play with over 15 other Anno 1800 players and from there, you are divided between four companies.
Is Anno 1800 a good game?
As we said, city-builder games like Anno 1800 are not everyone’s cup of tea. You really need to put hours into the game to make sure everything runs smoothly. But if you’re willing to explore and try out this game, it will definitely be worth it. You’ll need patience but city-builder games tend to be satisfying most of the time when you see your empire flourishing.
According to Metacritic, the game holds an 81 Metascore based on Critic Reviews. As for ratings from users, it currently holds an 8.0 User Score. A lot of gamers also praise Anno 1800 as being one of the best games in the series, so that’s something to take note of if you want to base on other players’ experience with the game.
Now that Anno 1800 is coming to the Sony PlayStation 5, we can’t wait and see how the game will fare on the current-gen consoles.
Will you be getting Anno 1800 on the PlayStation 5 once it comes out? Let us know in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.