Updates for PlayStation controllers on PCs may be tedious, especially when pairing the PS5 DualSense Joystick. It can be frustrating even on the PS5 if you’re anxious to start gaming. Luckily for PC users, a new Windows 10 and 11 program has made the process a bit smoother.
According to a lot of gamers, the Sony DualShock 4 Joysticks are a great option for PC gaming.
Now, with the PlayStation 5’s DualSense, nothing has changed. However, the DualSense requires software upgrades more frequently than the DualShock.
- Updates for DualSense need the device to be connected to a PlayStation 5 through USB, which is a hassle for many users.
- In fact, gamers who use the DualSense on a PC must first connect it to a PS5 in order to perform the update.
- It also restricts those who bought the Joystick exclusively for PC and do not have a PS5 to update.
- Since Sony was informed of the issue, they have published a program for Windows 11 and 10 that fixes the difficulty.
PC players can now update their DualSense wireless controller with the latest firmware from Windows 11 and select Windows 10 devices, without connecting to a PS5. Details: https://t.co/PF5E3VnoXM pic.twitter.com/PF2ASo8Fw6
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) April 20, 2022
|Operating System||Windows 10 (64-bit)
|Storage Space||10MB (or more)|
|Screen Resolution||1024×768 (or higher)|
- After the program is installed, we connect the DualSense to the PC via a USB cord and complete the on-screen instructions.
- Close the app and unplug the DualSense to re-establish wireless functionality after the firmware has been installed. In addition, the app notifies users when updated firmware is available.
If you have any questions on how to update your DualSense controller via PC, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!