Gamers and their curious minds have already come up with several speculations regarding the upcoming masterpiece of a game, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. Perhaps one of the most common speculations of all is whether “Spider-Man 2 features an online co-op multiplayer mode in-game”. This rumor has done nothing but enhance the anticipation among gamers. But let’s take a look at what the developers, Insomniac Games have in store and what they have up their sleeves for the us.
Swinging into Speculation: Is there online multiplayer in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2?
During a recent podcast appearance, Nadji Jeter, the talented voice actor behind Miles Morales in Insomniac Games’ Marvel’s Spider-Man series, dropped a hint that the upcoming Spider-Man 2 might introduce a co-op multiplayer mode. This has left fans pleasantly surprised and eagerly speculating about the game’s potential new feature.
Watch the podcast below:
Insomniac has swiftly addressed this doubt of many gamers by providing a clear answer: No, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 will not be having a co-op multiplayer.
They have confirmed this through Twitter, emphasizing that the game is designed to deliver an “epic single-player adventure.”
Nope! It is an epic single-player adventure!
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) May 22, 2023
What does this mean?
Well, this just means that maybe Jeter was pulling our legs. Sadly, the game won’t be having a co-op multiplayer mode. However, it will feature both the Spider-Men: Peter Parker and Miles Morales. From what we know from the gameplay reveal at the PlayStation Showcase, both the iconic Spider-Men are playable in the game.
The aftermath of Insomniac’s tweet had mixed reactions.
- While many players welcomed the single-player Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 with open arms, many gamers were in denial and as they wanted a co-op feature in-game.
- However, we don’t think it’s going to stop anyone from grabbing the game once released, especially after all the awesome stuff we were shown at the PlayStation showcase!
- With a significant graphical leap from its predecessor and improved combat and gameplay, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has left gamers on the edge of their seats.
- A compelling storyline featuring two Spider-Men and iconic villains like Kraven the Hunter and Lizard has also captivated gamers worldwide.
Watch the trailer and gameplay reveal of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2:
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2: The main highlight of the PlayStation Showcase
We got to see Spider-Man 2 as the most important highlight of Sony’s PlayStation Showcase. This game holds significant importance as one of the key releases for the PS5 this year.
Watch the PlayStation Showcase:
Conclusion: What we know so far
Hence, we can safely conclude that the game won’t be having a co-op multiplayer feature. As of now, we do not have many details about the game. But here are some of the things we know so far.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 will be released in the Fall of 2023 which is around the end of this year.
- Both Peter Parker and Miles Morales are playable characters in the game as Spider-Man.
- The main villain of the game is Kraven the Hunter, but the presence of Peter’s symbiote suit hints that Venom might be the primary antagonist as well.
Who knows what Insomniac has planned for its audience? Would we see Harry Osborn as the Venom or maybe we will be witnessing a legendary battle between Peter Parker as Venom and Miles Morales?
For more content, stay with us here at Spiel Times. Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update. You can also follow us on Spiel Anime, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Until next time!