THQ’s 2003-hit SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is coming back to PC and current-gen consoles. The new version is “faithfully remade” and is coming out when it’s ready. Although there’s no option for pre-ordering on Steam yet, Amazon has made the Switch version’s page live and running for pre-orders.
Amazon is allowing you to pre-order the game for just $30. There is no official release date for the game yet and hence, Amazon’s page has a placeholder release date of December 31, 2020.
The “About The Product” section reads –
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated is being developed by The Guild 3-developer Purple Lamp Studios and will be published by THQ Nordic. The game will arrive on PC and Nintendo Switch.
Subscribe to our push-notifications and newsletter and we shall keep you informed. Happy Gaming!