STALKER 2, the long-awaited supernatural action game located in Chernobyl, will have its own set of NFTs thanks to a partnership. DMarket is a company specializing in the selling of digital items on the blockchain and the construction of metaverses. In fact, the construction of a STALKER metaverse has been confirmed, with its own Twitter account.
STALKER 2 NFTs
- Like those in other games, the game will offer to provide some exclusivity to particular things in the game. This is done by linking them with a code that can be found on the blockchain; allowing us to identify which players have been their owners and allowing their sales on specific platforms.
- However, GSC Game World warns that these virtual things will have no influence on the game’s gameplay. Additionally, it will not provide players an edge over other players, as they are merely decorative items.
Be An NPC
- In addition to these things, GSC Game World and DMarket will sell a special form of NFT that will allow purchasers to play as a character in the game.
- When these NFTs are auctioned in January 2022, players will be able to become NPCs (or metahumans) in the game after visiting the studio in person to complete a three-dimensional scan using photogrammetry technologies.
“The idea of the related NFT is to give the right to recreate its owner’s identity within the game through one of the NPCs. The person will need to come to our studio for a detailed scanning procedure and after that, we will have everything to make this person appear in the game world as one of the characters.”
– Evgeniy Grygorovych, GSC Game World CEO
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!