The end of any long-term relationship is never easy, especially when it comes to a high-profile celebrity couple like Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn. Fans are left wondering what caused the sudden split and if there were any warning signs. With Taylor Swift currently on her The Eras tour, fans can’t help but think about how she’s feeling about this break up with Joe Alwyn.
While the news of their breakup may come as a surprise to many, it’s important to remember that relationships, even for celebrities, can be complicated and sometimes don’t work out. As Taylor and Joe move forward separately, fans will undoubtedly continue to speculate about the reasons behind their split and what lies ahead for both of them.
Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn: The Break Up
So it’s official, Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn’s split. The news comes as a shock to many fans who have followed the couple’s romantic journey since they started dating in late 2016. ET exclusively learned that the couple parted ways a few weeks ago. According to sources, the breakup was “not dramatic.”
- It’s unclear what led to the breakup, but sources say that “the relationship had run its course”. Adding to it, Joe has not been seen at any of Taylor’s recent shows. The musician continues her The Eras tour next week, which heads to Florida.
It’s always sad to see a couple break up, especially one as private and lowkey as Taylor and Joe. As of this writing, both parties remain private, with no statement or anything. We should give them their time for now, and continue supporting them both.
- Significantly, we’ll have to wait and see if Taylor writes any breakup songs for her next album. Or may have a surprise song during this whole Eras tour.
A relationship lookback
Back in October, ET reported that Taylor and Joe were doing great, and their relationship as well. The couple seemed to be in a great place, and fans were excited to see what the future held for the couple.
- In the same month, Taylor released her highly anticipated 10th studio album, Midnights. It included a song inspired by her relationship with Joe, “Lavender Haze.”
In an interview with ET, Taylor explained that the phrase “lavender haze” inspired the song. It’s a term used in the 50s to describe being in love and the “all-encompassing love glow” that comes with it. Taylor wrote the song about how, when you’re in the lavender haze, “you’ll do anything to stay there and not let people bring you down off of that cloud.”
- Additionally, Reputation’s track, Gorgeous, was known to be about Alwyn too. It’s been a year since they started they dating, and Taylor dropped a hint about his boyfriend through this song.
However, being a public figure in the age of social media comes with its challenges. Taylor and Joe had to deal with rumors and tabloid stories about their relationship. The song is about ignoring the noise to protect the real stuff.
The Private Couple
Taylor and Joe were always very private about their relationship, and Joe even used a pseudonym, William Bowery, to contribute to Taylor’s music. In her Disney+ special, Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions, Taylor confirmed that Joe was indeed William Bowery, and he won a Grammy in 2021 for his contributions to the album.
- Joe also spoke about their private relationship in an interview with British Vogue in 2018. He explained that they had been successful in keeping their relationship private, and that had sunk in for people.
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!