Taylor Swift’s wildest dreams came true under a willow when her 10th album’s ten songs made it to this week’s Billboard Hot 100 top 10s. The American singer-songwriter took to her Twitter to share how she is completely blown by the same.
Taylor Swift’s Midnight debuted scoring number one in the US album chart with over 1.5 million copies in sales. Taylor Swift made her mark in the 64-year-long history of the Billboard Hot 100, with the only ones coming close to her being The Beatles and Drake.
Names who had previously dominated Billboard Hot 100 Top 10s
- Previously the Beatles had scored 8 of their songs in the Billboard Hot 100 top 10s in 1964.
- Following them was Drake, who scored an integrated nine over the Beatles’ 8 on September 2021.
How Taylor Swift’s Midnight reflects on her sales record in UK
The 32-year-old female singer made her winning streak with her top single, Anti-Hero. Midnight as an album is Taylor’s greatest sales figure for first-week sales in the UK, informs BBC. As the album tops the UK chart with sales of 204,000, making a record and beating Adele’s 30 which made over 200,000 sales last way back last year.
taylor swift taylor swift
in 2019 in 2022 pic.twitter.com/jtL4zSeXAf
— pia (@repiatation13) October 31, 2022
All the 13 songs are in Billboard’s Hot 100 top 15s. The current Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 is her album debut single Anti-Hero. With an overall seven bous tracks in Midnights’ deluxe “3 am edition” appearing between 20-45 within the Hot 100s. The history of Billboard Hot 100 is led by Drake with seven No.1 Hot 100 debuts.
Taylor Swift describes what her Album means to her
10 out of 10 of the Hot 100??? On my 10th album??? I AM IN SHAMBLES. https://t.co/q1n5Zc6pYA
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) October 31, 2022
Taylor Swift’s initial announcement came in the form of a surprise. In the final moments of 2022 MTV VMAs in New Jersey in August, Taylor revealed about her latest album.
- Taylor Swift’s Midnight contains 13 songs, which she passionately describes as her life’s treadings and dreads. Different dreams, hopes and nightmares that she grew up with all ties a personal memento between the Album and its creator.
- On the same she said the following – “It is a story of 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life” and “a journey through terrors and sweet dreams.”
Taylor Swift’s Midnight Album marks itself in Billboard Top 100 Top 10s
There are three factors in which Billboard Top 100 is decided for the week. Firstly its the streamings in digital music platforms, radio plays and overall sales data. All of which is tracked by Luminate, formerly known as MRC Data.
Why Swift’s Midnight Album is so trendy
I’m enchanted to announce my next tour: Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour, a journey through the musical eras of my career (past & present!) The first leg of the tour will be in stadiums across the US, with international dates to be announced as soon as we can!https://t.co/KFuqvrhSGo pic.twitter.com/eVyTcuW8sK
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) November 1, 2022
- Billboard elaborated on Taylor’s record breaking, well, record. Part of its success can be appointed to the diverse marketing strategy in which the album was released in collectible formats.
- In a brewing age of digital streams, record sales need to be crafty in their outcrafts. Four vinyl editions were marketed which when put together make a clock.
- The sales is especially notable given that Swift already broke records for most streams of a single album in one day on Apple, Amazon Music and Spotify. A million and more sales on CD and Vinyl is phenomenal, expresses BBC.
Billboard lists Taylor’s history
Billboard, in respect to Taylor Swift’s Midnight record-break revealed a list of all her debut singles in Billboard Hot 100 history. Here’s what the list looks like –
- “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” three weeks at No. 1, beginning Sept. 1, 2012
- “Shake It Off,” four weeks, beginning Sept. 6, 2014
- “Blank Space,” seven weeks, beginning Nov. 29, 2014
- “Bad Blood,” feat. Kendrick Lamar, one week, June 6, 2015
- “Look What You Made Me Do,” three weeks, beginning Sept. 16, 2017
- “Cardigan,” one week, Aug. 8, 2020
- “Willow,” one week, Dec. 26, 2020
- “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version),” one week, Nov. 27, 2021
- “Anti-Hero,” one week til-date, Nov. 5, 2022
Taylor Swift’s previous best was in her Album 1989. But even that had only shifted some 90k copies in 2014. Today, her Billboard Hot 100 Top Tens is only challenged by Sam Smith’s Unholy which stands at the 11th.
Following Sam is Bad Habits by Steve Lacy. It is also notable that Taylor would not be able to reprise a similar hall-of-fame in the UK. This is because UK charts only allow three songs per artist to be in the Top 100. This week’s quota of Taylor is taken by her ‘Anti-Hero, ‘Lavender Haze’ and ‘Snow on The Beach’ each standing at 1st, 3rd and 4th respectively. Taylor is one of the top 10 hits from women in the Billboard’s chart history. She has made a total of 40 songs that have ever been part of Billboard Top 100 10s, beating Madonna (38).
Spieltimes has just launched a subsidiary to make sure we do not leave even a single leaf unturned, in providing you with the best of anime. Check out our new handle, Spiel Anime.