Oh boy, we’re talking about Paul Phoenix’s hairstyles! The legendary Tekken character has had quite a journey with his looks. From his original spiky ‘do in Tekken 1 to his slicked-back look in Tekken 7, Paul’s hair has seen it all. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and explore all of Paul Phoenix Hairstyle since Tekken 1, shall we?
Paul’s hairstyle is undoubtedly one of the most iconic in the world of video games. The physics-defying blonde hightop has been a defining feature of his appearance since the explosive debut of Tekken in 1994.
Paul’s Tekken 8 Hairstyle looks like he’s having a midlife crisis
- Bandai Namco dropped a gameplay trailer for Tekken 8 featuring the veteran character Paul. While his punches pack a punch, it’s his hair that steals the show.
- After almost 30 long years, Paul, who has aged, has undergone a dramatic transformation with a fresh new haircut. It’s more than just a trim, it’s a complete makeover.
- Twitter is abuzz with angry tweets about Paul’s new hairstyle. One fan wrote, “I can’t believe they did my boy Paul like that. His new haircut is an abomination.”
- Another fan said, “I’ve been a Tekken fan for years, but this new Paul hairstyle is making me want to quit. It’s just not right.”
Well, I guess it was finally time to update away from the old 70s look. But let’s be real, it’s just the hair. Paul’s still the same hard-hitting fighter he’s always been.
Can we get a new hairstyle from Bandai Namco before the actual release?
Aside from his hair and outfit, I'm looking forward to possibly using Paul for T8. https://t.co/jlbTk5AlHd
— Professor High Kick 🎓 (@TaneishaJane) March 10, 2023
- As we all know, game development can be a rollercoaster ride, and who knows, maybe Bandai Namco will end up cutting Paul’s new hairstyle before Tekken 8’s release.
- For now, we should all just take a deep breath and give his new look a chance. Who knows, maybe we’ll even grow to love it (or maybe not).
Tekken 8 comes out on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X and S at some point in 2024.
All Paul Phoenix’s Hairstyle since Tekken 1
Starting with Tekken 1, we have classic spiky hair. It’s almost as if someone took a fork and just stabbed it repeatedly into his head. But hey, it was the 90s, and spiky hair was all the rage.
Plus, it’s not like Paul was going for a sophisticated look anyway – he was too busy punching people in the face.
Tekken 2: Paul was going more for the ladies
In Tekken 2, Paul decided to let his hair grow out a bit. He kept the spiky look, but this time it was more of a messy bedhead situation.
Maybe he was trying to appeal to the ladies, but let’s be real – he was still more interested in knocking out his opponents.
Tekken 3: He finally gets an upgrade
Tekken 8's new gameplay trailer is all about Paul, who somehow looks even more brutal than ever before.
That hair style, though… we just can't agree with it. https://t.co/pGuRNxdtVi #Repost #BandaiNamco #PS5 #Tekken #Trailers pic.twitter.com/Mb12Hry47y
— Push Square (@pushsquare) March 11, 2023
- In Tekken 3, Paul’s hair got a major upgrade. He ditched the spiky look and opted for a more mature, slicked-back style.
- It’s almost as if he finally decided to grow up and stop looking like a rebellious teenager. But don’t worry, he still had the same fiery spirit and determination to win.
Tekken 4: Wish they had taken inspiration from this
In Tekken 4, we see a return to the spiky hair, but this time it’s a bit more subdued. Instead of going all out with the spikes, Paul decided to keep it more low-key with shorter, more controlled spikes.
It’s almost as if he was trying to find a balance between his rebellious past and his more mature present.
Tekken 5: Paul tried a more slicked-back look
Paul went through a bit of an identity crisis with his hair in Tekken 5. He tried out a few different looks, including a messy side-swept style and a more slicked-back look.
But ultimately, he settled on a longer, shaggier style with slightly more defined spikes. It’s almost as if he was trying to find his true self through his hair.
Tekken 6: Another hair transformation
In Tekken 6, Paul’s hair went through another transformation. He kept the longer length but decided to go for a more voluminous look with even more pronounced spikes.
It’s almost as if he was trying to assert his dominance on the battlefield with his hair alone.
Tekken 7: Paul finally found his true hairstyle?
We have the most recent iteration of Paul’s hair of Tekken 7. He’s back to the slicked-back look, but this time it’s more refined and polished.
It’s almost as if he’s finally found his true self and is confident in who he is – a strong, powerful fighter with killer hair.
Paul Phoenix’s hairstyles throughout the Tekken series have been quite the journey. From spiky to slicked-back, long to short, Paul’s hair has seen it all. But one thing’s for sure – no matter what his hair looks like, he’s always ready to kick some butt.
That’s everything to know about all of Paul Phoenix’ Hairstyles since Tekken 1. What do you think about his new hairstyle? Do let us know in the comments down below!
Also Read: Google Doodle Celebrates Filipino Culture: Adobo Takes the Lead as First Filipino Cuisine!
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!