Tekken has evolved over the years to incorporate new features and gameplay mechanics, keeping the franchise fresh and exciting. Bandai Namco Entertainment looks likely to keep this up with the latest Tekken 8 as the character roster grows. The gameplay trailer for Tekken 8 just dropped and it looks highly promising, thanks to a new Nina Williams character reveal. Read to find out more.
Nina Williams and Gameplay Reveal
The gameplay reveal trailer for Tekken 8 dropped on PlayStation’s official YouTube channel and it’s all about one fiery and iconic character, Nina Williams. The femme fatale seems to fit right into the game’s new combat system with her weapons and abilities.
- Nina has been a recurring character since her introduction to the original Tekken game in 1994. Known for her cold demeanor and ruthless acrobatics, the latest Tekken 8 trailer shows a revitalized Nina Williams that fans seem to love.
- In the new trailer, her quotes like “Isn’t it past your bedtime?” and “Die in silence!” are proof that the fan-favorite is back to impress more. The Tekken 8 gameplay reveal trailer also showcases the improvements in new combat mechanics that favor aggression.
What’s new in Tekken 8
Tekken 8 will feature a new heat system that allows players to power their fighters up and enhance their attacks with a Heat Dash and Heat Burst. This will do more damage to the opponents.
- Following the footsteps of the Tekken Tag Tournament, the new game will feature a recoverable gauge system. Through this, your fighter can regain portions of their missing health after severely attacking the opponent.
- The Rage system from Tekken 7 also gets a change in Tekken 8 as the Rage Drive is replaced by the Heat Dash. However, the new universal Rage Arts execution will act as a counter mechanic and cause more damage based on the missing health.
What we know so far
Tekken 8’s list of confirmed characters includes Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima, Jun Kazama, King, Paul, Lars, Marshall Law, Jack-8 and of course, Nina Williams.
Tekken 8 starts with 8 characters! Wow… Deep. pic.twitter.com/zerBrkSPlV
— 🕊️ (@brother_lily) December 9, 2022
- During the Tekken World Tour Final 2022 event, Bandai Namco revealed a flurry of new additions to the latest game in the Tekken franchise to make it more aggressive.
- Bandai Namco will run the testing in chosen locations worldwide to obtain input on the battle system through Closed Alpha test.
- Game director Kohei “Nakatsu” Ikeda and executive director Katsuhiro Harada showcased all the new features in a packed 35-minute keynote.
Since 1994, Tekken has since become one of the best-selling and most recognizable fighting games of all time, with multiple sequels and spin-off titles.
The high production values and strong brand recognition have made Tekken a staple in the fighting game genre. And fans expect Tekken 8 to be a worthy addition to this legendary franchise.
RELATED NEWS: Tekken 8 – Fan favorite character returns after ten years
You can also share any questions you have about Tekken 8’s Gameplay Reveal. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.