The Bug Butcher is an action-packed 2D shoot-em-up where you play as a tenacious exterminator – Harry, decimating bugs in a distant planet – Zoit. The game’s original developer Awfully Nice Studios is collaborating with 2Awesome Studio to bring the pest-control vertical shooter to Nintendo Switch.
The game originally released on PC and consoles in 2016, racking up positive reviews and good feedback. The Bug Butcher is also available on Android and iOS devices, published by Noodlecake Studios.
2Awesome Studi claims of “taking care of bringing every detail to the last sprite to Nintendo’s console.”
“Obviously adding features like local co-op anywhere anytime with a single console and a pair of joy-cons, and online leaderboards.”
- Chaotic, fast-paced action shooting inspired by the arcade classic Super Pang!
- Play solo or in local co-op
- 30 levels and 5 Merciless boss fights crammed with relentless waves of bugs
- Online leaderboards and 3 difficulty modes offer the ultimate challenge
- Upgradeable Weapons and Power-ups to make any trigger happy player smile
- Handcrafted 2D graphics with explosion animations galore
- Developed by Awfully Nice guys, ported and published by 2Awesome dudes. Can’t get better than that!
The Bug Butcher doesn’t have a release date yet, but the press sheet mentions it’ll release during the summer of 2018. So we can expect it to arrive on the Nintendo eShop very soon.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update on The Bug Butcher. Until next time, Happy Gaming!