Finally, Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Remake will be released on PS5 this September 2, 2022, which was confirmed during the Summer Game Fest Live. All details we know so far are below. Enjoy!
The Last of Us Remake
The Last of Us remake has been confirmed. Summer Game Fest Live confirmed that The Last of Us Part 1 is being rebuilt on both PS5 and PC, following a leak earlier in the day. The announcement came when the game’s PlayStation Store listing, along with the trailer, was discovered early. According to the report, the game will be released on September 2 on PS5.
Separate Multiplayer Last of Us – In The Works
The game was designed from scratch for PlayStation 5, and it will include updated and enhanced AI, as well as 60fps support. The Last of Us will also be released on PC, however, no release date was given in the trailer.
Developers have stated that it would be released on PC relatively soon following the PS5 release. The Last of Us remake includes the Left Behind DLC, but not multiplayer Naughty Dog revealed that a separate Last of Us multiplayer game is in the works.
- In this single-player experience, the team revamped gameplay, enhanced mechanics, and increased accessibility features. This allows even more people to enjoy the game, according to Naughty Dog in a blog post.
- All of the game’s effects, navigation, and fighting have been improved. The team also developed 3D Audio, haptics, and adaptive triggers using the PS5’s strong hardware.
- Returning fans and new players will be able to enjoy The Last of Us Part I and its prequel story Left Behind in a completely new light.
Both a standard and a Firefly Edition of the game are expected to be released. A steel book display case, copies of The Last of Us: American Dreams comics issues 1-4, and early in-game unlocks are included in the Firefly Edition.
- The game will be available in a variety of formats, including the Standard Edition ($70), Digital Deluxe ($80), and Firefly Edition ($100). The Digital Deluxe edition includes “early unlock” of the following items:
- Crafting Speed Skill Boost
- Increased Healing Speed
- 9mm reloading speed upgrade
- Rifle Clip Capacity upgrade
- Gameplay Modifier for Explosive Arrows
- Dither Punk Filter
- Speedrun Mode
- Black Gold 9mm Pistol, Silver Filigree 9mm Pistol, Rubber Tactical Shotgun, Sculpted Oak Shotgun, Arctic White Bow, and Carbon Black Bow are the six weapon skins available.
The Firefly Edition includes those early unlocks, a Steelbook case, and new artwork for the Last of Us: American Dreams comics 1-4.
- Preorders for any edition of The Last of Us remake for PS5 also include the following items:
- Bonus Supplements to help you improve your abilities
- Upgrade your arsenal with bonus weapon parts.
The Last of Us remake was first announced last year, amid tales of controversy at Sony’s first-party studios. According to reports, the game was first handled by Sony’s Visual Arts Service Group, but it was eventually rebranded as a Naughty Dog production.
If you have any questions regarding this article. Let us know in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!