PT is a mystery horror video game that came out way back on August 12, 2014. It was directed by Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima from Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. However, after almost a year in the market. The game was suddenly not available anymore on the PlayStation Store since April 29, 2015.
Many players of the game were in shock by the abrupt removal worldwide. Since the game was having many good reviews and was already peaking. Then upon confirming the cancellation, it was due to Kojima and Konami oddly parting ways. There were reports that Kojima was leaving the company instead.
Following the cancellation of PT 7 years ago, a former employee of Konami revealed the removal of the game. Not long since the 8th anniversary of PT which was also acknowledged by Kojima himself on Twitter. Which got over 262.3k likes.
It’s been 8 years👻 pic.twitter.com/WKiUIvt1BQ
— HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) August 12, 2022
Moreover, the employee expressed it on her Twitter account and claimed to be responsible for why the game was removed back then. This could also be the real reason why it happened.
The reason why PT was removed in 2015 from a former employee of Konami
Finding out the reason
- The tweets from Pearl are now in private. But according to VGC, she said “Fun fact: since I was the 1P lead at the time at Konami, I helped get this product set up on the storefronts, fake publisher and everything.”
- She then added “And I was the one who had to call Sony and ask them to take it down and block redownloads. That was a super fun conversation.” Many fans of the game have been asking her many questions.
- When she was asked a question about why it happened, she responded “I say this with love, ‘because Konami.” But during that time, it was also a tough situation as claimed her.
- Lastly, a fan asked her if it was awkward to do it and ask Sony. She replied “Awkward is right! We’d already gone thru a lot to get it set up, got a lot of operational exceptions. And then to add the request to block redownload?”
- So that’s a new side from the point of a former employee of Konami. There was certainly a lot going on back then that lead to the fate of PT. To read more about what she said, you may read the entire thread here.
Kojima’s statement during PT’s 8th anniversary
In honor of the 8th anniversary, he has expressed about making the game back then. It was nice to see that the game still has a lot of fans. They are also still hoping for the game to come back.
The result was solved in just two days, and I remember being asked on stage about P.T. at the talk show with Geoff at gamescom, and I gave my answer with a sense of failure 👻
— HIDEO_KOJIMA (@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN) August 13, 2022
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask or let us know what you think about the reason why PT got to pull out back then. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.