Ever since the dawn of next-gen gaming consoles, especially PS5, fans have awaited the release of a next-gen Witcher 3 update. The CD Projekt-made The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition (PS5) has been continuously delayed ever since its 2020 announcement.
The task was first given to Saber but then taken back to an in-house team. Studio president Adam Kicinski had noted September 2022 release, which still lies hanging. But the ‘coming soon’ may actually be real soon. Why? well, here’s everything we know so far.
- The early task of the next-gen Witcher 3 update was given to Saber Interactive. This was because CDPR was penned with Cyberpunk 2077 upgrades. But earlier this year it was announced that Saber will no longer be working on the same.
- Although the joint CEO’s comments hinted at September 2022 release, that also is out of the house. However, leaks voyaged around the internet when a Redditor leaked a possible December 2022 release.
Redditor leaked The Witcher 3 PS5 release
- A Redditor claiming to work for a retailer in the UK named Game shared an image of their upcoming stocks that included The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of The Year edition.
- This is supposedly the Q4 2022 confirmed version of the game compatible with PS5 and XBOX Series X. The date of the launch is 9th December, which is a Friday. And coincidentally Fridays are technically good dates for releasing games.
What is different in the Enhanced The Witcher 3 Update?
Raytracing and Visual Enhancements
- The next-gen The Witcher 3 update promises ray tracing and enhanced visuals on PS5 and Xbox Series X. Similar enhancements are promised for the PC release as well.
The usual jump from earlier consoles (PS4) to the next-gen ones often carries visual dynamics, rather than entire story retellings.
Next-Gen Console Controller Compatibility
- Compatibility with DualSense for PS5 and the New XBOX controller is also likely, including features such as haptic feedback.
Support for 4K And Higher FPS
- The next-gen console’s dynamics for higher resolution and 60 FPS tapping will be emulated to be compatible with the next-gen Witcher 3 updates as well
But usual changes to gameplay mechanics or character design isn’t unlikely as well. Spiderman Remastered remastered the entirety of Peter Parker’s face, possibly to match him more with a Tom Holand-like version.
Witcher 3 Netflix DLC update
Witcher 3 PS5 should come bundled with DLC that features packages originating from the Henry Cavil-starring Witcher series. Such DLC Content will not be exclusive to The Witcher 3 Next-Gen patches but will be available for present console owners as well. On the same CD Projekt commented –
“The DLCs are not exclusive to the next-gen version, they’ll be available for every version of the game (including PS4, Xbox One, and Switch).”
Price for The Witcher 3 PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC
- CD Projekt Red has confirmed that The Witcher 3 Next-gen patch will be completely free for all those who already own a copy of the game.
- PS4 owners can simply upgrade to a PS5 version and the same for XBOX owners. PC owners can simply download the enhanced Witcher 3 update from the usual Steam.
The tweet on the official handle of The Witcher 3 saying “Soon” is definitely a definitive moment for fans. CDPR had also announced earlier this month in a project update video that a Witcher trilogy is in the works.
The Witcher 4, 5, and 6 is about the latest things to look out for in The Witcher franchise. Given however since last year’s Witchercon CDPR has kept fans at bay for The Witcher 3 PS5, Xbox Series X|S release, it is likely that their ‘soon’ is very soon. If the redditor’s leak is any true, one should expect a trailer to be dropped at this year’s The Game awards followed by a release soon after.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Wear A Mask, and Happy Gaming!