You may have heard the news way back in June about TikTok star Cooper Noriega’s passing. Way back on June 9, 2022, three weeks before his birthday, Cooper was found lifeless in a parking lot in Burbank, California. Six months after his passing, authorities have determined the cause of his death. You can read more about Cooper Noriega’s cause of death.
Cause of death of young Cooper Noriega
He was only 19 when he left this world. The authorities ruled it an accident as the coroner confirmed they found his body in a mall parking lot.
- In the latest news about his cause of death, it turns out to be the combined effects of all the medicines he takes. Effects of fentanyl, lorazepam, and alprazolam all medicines which treat anxiety. The latter two are sedatives, and both are popularized with their brand names, Ativan and Xanax, respectively.
- The Los Angeles Medical Examiner-Coroner also adds about Cooper’s recent usage of another anxiety treatment called clonazepam. All these medicinal effects were significant to the 19-year-old’s death.
- Cooper Noriega would have turned a year older on June 20. He started his TikTok fame in 2019 with his comedy skits, lip-synching videos, and his skateboarding too.
- His Instagram bio, on the other hand, talks about his love and dream of modeling and fashion. You can see his social media accounts of him feeling himself from a just-woke-up look, a casual look, and a semi-formal look even.
More about the TikTok star
Paramedics tried to revive Noriega, but unfortunately, were unable to. Hours before his death, Cooper Noriega posted a TikTok video with the caption “who else b thinking they gon die young af.”
- On TikTok, he has over 3.2 million followers. Also quite a huge following on Instagram with 650K.
- Days before his passing, on June 6th, Cooper opened a Discord server for anyone who wants to join, but specifically for mental health. He posted this on his IG and wanted to use his influence and platform to spread awareness about mental illness.
“My goal is to eventually open a rehab where people aren’t traumatized at the end of their recovery, and where staff members are trusted people,” he says in a screenshot of his note about the Discord server.
- In the last week of June, the Noriega family opened and continued Coops Advice and changed it into Coop’s Advice Foundation. This foundation aims to pursue Cooper’s vision of spreading awareness and normalizing conversations on mental health.
- When you head over to the foundation’s website, you can read the mission of the Noriega family and the Coop’s Advice Team. A few lines read:
”Cooper’s life and work shined a light on the urgent need to destigmatize addiction and support comprehensive mental health, and Coop’s Advice will ensure that light continues to shine.“
May Cooper Noriega rest in peace and his vision reaches out to people who need help.
If you need help and you’re from the U.S., you may reach out and call 800-662-HELP (4357). You may also check out Find a Helpline to know more hotlines for help in mental health, substance use, or suicide.
You can also share any questions you have about TikTok star Cooper Noriega below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.