Hey, to all avid TikTok users out there. You must be aware of a certain trend going on the platform for quite a while now. This trend is about wanting to go home literally and figuratively. It all began because of a sound that came out suddenly on the platform. Until almost everyone on our For You Page (FYP) does it.
The lyrics go “I wanna go home, I wanna go home” which is very catchy to listen to. This sound on TikTok currently has 292k videos with different stories of people wanting to go home. The different stories shared through this sound are mostly funny and relatable. This is why it eventually became a trend and many did it or maybe including you too.
There’s also a kind of remix version of it too with 166.1k videos already. But a lot of people may wonder how this trend started and where the sound originally came from. Well, don’t worry as we are going to give you the answers. So read more to find out!
How and where did the TikTok trend “I wanna go home” begin?
- With the endless videos going on TikTok, it’s not easy to pin down the exact video where it began. However, for this one, it came from user esosaadun1 which has 292k videos. He posted the video as a meme but people eventually used its sound in their videos. The already has video 3.9 million views.
- The young girl singing behind the trending sound was from a Nigerian group called Destined Kids. It was from their “It’s a holiday” music video which is a fun and bright song. The entire lyrics of the song have a heartwarming meaning too.
- Their song was about wanting to go home and see their family because it’s a holiday. You may watch and listen to their music video below.
Go join the trend and have fun
- If you want to join the trend, you may want to have an idea too. Look into the videos below or just click on the sound instead to see more. Just share your “I wanna go home” moment then use the sound on your video.
- Then if you just want a good laugh with all the TikTok videos made from this sound. Just click here and watch the videos. We all deserve to have a good laugh in between breaks to be relieved from stress.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Let us know what you think about the TikTok Trend “I wanna go home” in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.