Looking for a new TikTok dance to learn over the weekend? If you’ve been scrolling through your For You Page (FYP), you may have noticed more and more users participating in what is called the ‘Cuff It’ dance challenge. The Beyonce dance challenge is taking TikTok by storm and we’re here to tell you why. Keep reading to find out more!
What is the Beyonce dance challenge on TikTok?
The dance challenge started after Beyonce released her latest album called Renaissance. One of the tracks there is called “Cuff It” and let’s face it, the track is impossible not to dance along to.
- After the album dropped in July, the dance challenge started trending sometime in August. It was first started by two users who uploaded a video of them dancing along to the song. Users @maycstelle and @ogpartyhardy26 gave birth to the new dance challenge after they danced along to it while “pregaming”
- As of writing, the video has garnered over 7.8 million views across TikTok. Paired with the groovy music of Beyonce’s “Cuff It”, we can see how the moves in the video quickly transformed into a dance challenge on TikTok
- It became a dance challenge in the sense that other users started adding more to the simple steps created by @maycsteele and @ogpartyhardy26
Beyonce quickly caught on to the trend
Because of how viral her song was getting on TikTok, it was only a matter of time before Beyonce acknowledged the top users who took part in the dance challenge. As a way of displaying her favorite users who took part in the dance challenge, she picked out the best of the best.
- On Beyonce’s Instagram page, netizens can check out two guides called “CUFF IT Picks” and “CUFF IT Picks Part ii“
- There are over 50 videos in the Instagram guide who took part in the viral dance challenge that started on TikTok. Some are from random users while some feature familiar faces. If you scroll through the guides, you may find Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss and his wife doing the challenge
- Check out this video of Brian Puspos and his wife dancing it out to Cuff It at their wedding! For those unfamiliar with Puspos, he is a Filipino-American dancer. He has worked for big artists like BTS and Justin Bieber!
The dance challenge is still going strong on TikTok months later
“Cuff It” has definitely taken over the world of dance challenges on social media. So far, a lot of celebrities have already taken part in the trend. One of these is the lead singer of Pussycat Dolls, Nicole Scherzinger. Together with other stars, they decided to shoot their shot at nailing the Beyonce dance challenge:
The other stars present in the video were Olly Murs, LeAnn Rimes, Beverley Knight, and Luke Evans. It looks like it will take some more time before the Beyonce dance challenge dies down and another challenge trends on TikTok.
Check out more of the top “Cuff It” videos below and let us know which one is your favorite! Remember, the challenge lies in being as creative as you can while not drifting too far from the OG material:
Will you be participating in this dance challenge over the weekend? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.