Make way for yet another Wordle spin-off. Only this time, you need to guess the song being played. Although it sounds easy enough, the challenge lies in players having to guess the song just by the starting notes. Let’s take a look at today’s Heardle!
Heardle Answer and Song for Monday, June 27
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re stuck trying to guess what song is featured for today’s Heardle. But don’t worry, Heardles are usually challenging on the first try alone.. not unless you have sharp ears and a good pair of headphones, that is.
Before we give you the answer, you may probably want to guess this song on your own so we’ll give you a few clues.
How do I play Heardle?
Just like Wordle, players are given six guesses to name the song. Songs that are featured in Heardle are selected from a list of the most streamed songs in the last decade. Moreover, the game only gives you snippets of the song’s intro.
If you can’t guess the song on the first attempt, you can skip a guess and the game provides you an additional second. Afterward, you can give up a few more guesses and the game gives you two, three, four, and then five more seconds of the song in question.
Clues for today’s Heardle
- This is a song from a Philadelphia soul group
- The song released in August 1974 for the U.S.
- It was written by Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff, and Anthony Jackson
- The group recorded it for their album called Ship Ahoy
- The title of the song comes from a Bible verse, 1 Timothy 6:10: “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
- NBC’s The Apprentice uses the song as its opening theme
- The song’s chorus is introduced by the following lyrics: “People can’t even walk the street. Because they never know who in the world they’re gonna beat, for that lean, mean, mean green… almighty dollar, money”
What is the Heardle for June 27?
If you still can’t guess it, that’s all right. The Heardle answer and song for June 27 is For the Love of Money by The O’Jays.
We hope this helped you maintain that Heardle streak. Check back on our site for the answer to tomorrow’s Heardle. Play Heardle here.
Got any questions about Heardle? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!