Twisted Metal is getting a new installment, according to rumors. Over 10 years after the game was launched for the PS3, whose servers were shut down at the end of 2018. Tom Henderson, an informant who frequently shares trustworthy intel, suggests this.
The return of Twisted Metal
- Henderson has remained silent for the most part. In fact, it has only leaked an image of the saga’s promotional art with the number 2023; implying a launch date.
- It is unclear which studio will / is working on this project or which systems it will be on. However, given the launch date, it will most probably be exclusive to PS5 and/or PlayStation VR 2.
— Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_) August 13, 2021
David Jaffe’s Reaction
The creator of both that saga and God of War, David Jaffe, is not aware of the tv adaptation. So let’s check out what he has to say about this below:
If it's true, I would be very, very hurt that Playstation didn't ask for my input at best, or- at worst- at least let me know it was happening.
But no,I don't think this is true.
Unless you mean the Twisted Metal game Kojima is working on.
Then yes,in that case,it's 100% true. https://t.co/91bdDkXxl1
— DAVID SCOTT JAFFE (@davidscottjaffe) August 13, 2021
Sony x Twisted Metal
- In 2019, Sony resurrected the Twisted Metal franchise by announcing that its PlayStation Productions branch is developing a screen adaptation of the series.
- There was more information in February 2021, including the fact that it will be an “action-comedy” with a script written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the directors of the Deadpool and Zombieland movies.
- Since its very first installment for PlayStation in 1995 and the last, a relaunch of the series for PlayStation 3, in 2012, the Twisted Metal series has spawned ten games.
If you have any questions regarding Twisted Metal, then feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!