Swimmer and an alum of the University of Arizona, Ty Wells tragically dies at the age of 23, what was the cause of his death, and what rumors surrounded it?
Ty Wells passes away at 23
Arizona Athletics confirms the tragic death of Ty Wells. He was an extraordinary swimmer, who unfortunately passed away on Friday, January 27, 2023.
- The University of Arizona is mourning the loss of beloved alum swimmer Ty Wells. The institute expressed its grief and shared its condolences to his family, and friends through Twitter.
- The University of Arizona’s swimming and diving team, Arizona Swim & Dive, shared a tribute for Ty. They harbor heartfelt sorrow as they remember him as “a leader, advocate for inclusion, and a dedicated person for his community.”
Ty Wells’ Excellent Career And Achievements
Ty Wells was born in December 1999 and is from Mountain View, California. He has a sister named Jessica, and parents Joseph and Sandra Wells. Ty was a star swimmer and became a four-time winner in swimming and water polo at Ripon High School. He graduated from the said high school in 2018.
- Following his high school graduation, Wells joined the Arizona Wildcats. According to their official site, he succeeded as an athlete and student during his time as a Wildcat. He achieved NCAA B cut times during all four years of competition and earned three personal-best records in the pool at the 2021-22 Pac-12 Men’s Championships.
- Not only that, but he was also a CSCAA Scholar All-American and a representative on the department’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. Wells was planning on working as a physical therapist to help others athletes like him.
We are deeply saddened by the loss of recent alum Ty Wells, who passed away on Friday.
Our heartfelt condolences are with his family, his friends and the entire @ArizonaSwimDive family. pic.twitter.com/ksUtynhXWy
— Arizona Athletics (@AZATHLETICS) January 30, 2023
- In May 2022, he took a step toward his aspiration as he graduated with a degree in Physiology from UA. According to his athlete’s page, he chose Arizona over other universities for “its great campus, team, culture, and the best coaches.”
- It is a shame that a person like Ty Wells died at the mere age of 23. His death is by all means untimely for there wasn’t any previous medical history that could have caused his death. Due to this, several rumors surfaced online about the cause of his death.
Also Read: Battlefield 2042 Swim In The Sky, Courtesy Of A Glitch
RIP Ty Wells 🙏🙏🙏 #DiedSuddenly The vaccines are to blame. Stop. The. Cover. Up.
— 🇺🇲100% GodBless AmericanPatriots🇺🇲🏇🚛🚜🇷🇺 (@Jp_Americanmade) January 31, 2023
Rumors Related To Ty Wells’s Cause Of Death
Ty Wells was a healthy athlete swimmer hence suspicion rose surrounding his death. Netizens and vaccination antis allege Ty’s death is due to Covid-19 vaccines.
- However, to stop the rising assumptions, the University of Arizona clarified that they never mandated the Covid-19 vaccine for anyone. Ty’s vaccination status and its link to his death remain unknown.
Also Read: Aaron Carter’s death: Is Melanie Martin involved?
“Death blogs” that claim that Ty Wells died from a motorcycle accident have apparently scraped that information from an April 2022 GoFundMe page of a different Ty Wells.
— Rick Lenahan (@lenahan_rick) February 2, 2023
- There was one more rumor surrounding his death. According to The Sports Grail, some thought the swimmer passed away due to a road accident. Although this rumor as well was confirmed bogus. The confusion between the motorcyclist with the same name was the reason behind the rumor.
- Currently, there is no official confirmation of the cause of Ty Wells’s death. We will update the article when it is disclosed so stay tuned with Spiel Times. We share our sincere condolences with Ty Wells’s family, friends, and everyone mourning the tragic loss.