Hey, players! Are you a fan of Assassin’s Creed? Well, you may want to go through this one. If you’ve been one of the players who wanted an Assassin’s Creed Japan, we’re finally getting it! Ubisoft announced the coming of the most-awaited installment of the video game. They dropped a teaser earlier today at Ubisoft’s Forward showcase. Based on the teaser, the setting fits the theme of the Creed series and can be one of the biggest games perhaps.
If you’re curious about Assassin’s Creed Japan, stay with us here and we’ll discuss the information we have gathered. Interested if we’ll fight legendary samurais?
About Assassin’s Creed Japan
- The Assassin’s Creed Codename Red sets in Feudal Japan. The teaser welcomes you to a sunset view with castles around. While it is farther, a ninja with a hidden blade on his left arm, while his right holds a samurai jumps in front.
- The game is under the development of Ubisoft Quebec and if you’re familiar with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, they did head its development too. The upcoming installment is directed by Jonathan Dumont, by the way. On September 10, Assassin’s Creed dropped the said teaser in a Tweet.
— Assassin's Creed (@assassinscreed) September 10, 2022
- With this upcoming release of Ubisoft, Sucker Punch’s Ghost of Tsushima may just have a competitor. And if we are to compare, there is a similarity between the concepts of the two games. Like if a huge difference is if Ubisoft jumps to an era or period different from the Ghost of Tsushima.
- Moreover, we can expect that Assassin’s Creed would not fail with its best visual. From the teaser alone, we can see how detailed and realistic the animations and virtual places are. Are you ready to see the whole game in front of your eyes? Or maybe see the cities in Japan in the virtual gaming world?
Will there be legendary samurais?
This may be a question you may ask. But at this early stage, and a bit of a teaser, we have yet to wait for more information from the developers. We can hope for that to happen, so let’s stay tuned for future teasers and trailers! But since you’re here, let’s write a few possible legendary samurai they might add to the game.
- We may have mentioned the game Ghost of Tsushima earlier. And speaking of samurai, the game consists of fictional Samurai clans such as Adachi, Kikuchi, Nagao, Oga, Sakai, Shimura, and Yarikawa.
Since Assassin’s Creed tends to add known characters in their game, here’s a list of samurai/clans that they may add in the upcoming game:
- Oda Nobunaga: The samurai is known to be The First Great Unifier of Japan. He was also called the Demon King and famous for being the first of the daimyo to organize units equipped with muskets.
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi: Almost similar to Oda, Toyotomi became The Second Great Unifier of Japan. He is one of Oda’s greatest warriors and became his sandal bearer too.
- Musashi Miyamoto: This samurai is known for using the technique of using two swords with both of his hands. Musashi is famous for having the most number of sword duels which is more than 60.
- Yoshitsune Minamoto: The samurai lost his father and brothers at the age of one, and was raised by monks. He has his famous companion, Benkei, whom he battled side-by-side against the Taira clan.
- Uesugi Kenshin: He is famous for being the most powerful feudal lord in the Sengoku period, along with Takeda Shingen. Kenshin means new sword, in case you’re interested to know. He defeated Oda which prevented the latter to take control of Japan.
If there are possible clans to incorporate into the Assassin’s Creed Japan storyline just like the Ghost of Tsushima, these are some famous samurai clans they may put in:
- Imagawa: It is said that this samurai clan is one of the four clans that tried to keep eastern Japan in control during the mid-1500s.
- Minamoto: This samurai clan is a rival of the later discussed, Taira, which fought hard to take control of eastern Japan. They were famous around the 12th century during their battles.
- Ouchi: This clan rose to fame when Yoshioki restored a deposed shogun in the early 1500s.
- Taira: As mentioned earlier, they are the rival of Minamoto which defeated them in the sea battle of Dan-no-Ura in 1185.
- Takeda: The samurai clan is led by Takeda Shingen who brought power and control over its extended territory, and they have a rivalry against the Imagawa samurai clan.
- Will Assassin’s Creed any of these known clans into their game? We hope we can find out soon. On the other hand, Ubisoft’s Marc-Alexia Côté mentioned that this upcoming release is their open-world role-playing game’s future.
Other Creed news
- You may also expect the coming of Assassin’s Creed on smartphones! They showcased the upcoming Creed Mirage which is Codename Jade. While the Codename Red is set in Japan, this Jade happens in the cities of ancient China.
- Also, watch out for the Assassin’s Creed Infinity. From the showcase, they mentioned that this will be like an online hub for their games. A hub “that will connect the mainline games along with standalone multiplayer projects”.
That’s it for now, players!