UEFA: Is SpaceX Founder CEO Elon Musk buying football club Manchester United? A lot of fuss has been spreading that Elon Musk will buy the said team and he’s been shutting them all down. But why does this still continue to surface every now and then? Is there any particular reason why these posters would want Elon Musk to purchase Manchester United? In this article, we will try to understand if Elon Musk’s statement is true. If he will, in fact, buy Manchester United and why.
The tweet that started it all…
Elon Musk, the founder and CEO of SpaceX, has addressed a tweet he published to his social media followers. In this tweet, he claimed he wanted to purchase Manchester United.
- With the Red Devils having just experienced another unsuccessful transfer window, United supporters’ dissatisfaction with the Glazer family’s ownership has recently increased to unprecedented heights.
- They have been connected to Marko Arnautovic and Adrien Rabiot, two deals that were incredibly unpopular with supporters. They are still no closer to signing the long-term objective, Frenkie de Jong.
A “long-running joke on Twitter”
- After he tweeted that he’s buying Manchester United, Elon Musk received tons of replies from his followers and he then replied that he’s just kidding and is not planning on buying any sports team in the near future.
- He then added that if he’d want to buy one, Manchester United is definitely his Top Choice. The reason here is that it is his favorite team when he was a child.
The American Glazer family owns Manchester United
- Since 2013, they haven’t been league champions, and their supporters have frequently demonstrated against the owners.
- The club is still a dominant force in business, with a valuation of almost £4 billion, or slightly under $5 billion.
- The Glazer family, who also owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is the owner of Manchester United.
- Despite being one of the biggest sports organizations in the world, Man Utd has struggled lately.
As of Tuesday’s end, the football team’s market valuation was $2.08 billion. Due to the team’s troubles on the field, Manchester United supporters have recently protested against the Glazers, who purchased the club for $955.51 million in 2005.
Why do fans want Elon Musk to buy Manchester United?
- Manchester United supporters are aware of their wasted opportunities after witnessing the departure of eight managers in less than ten years.
- Elon Musk stated he was buying it on Wednesday before retracting his statement and casting new light on the conflict at the massive football club.
- Fans, however, would want Elon Musk to buy the team as he may possibly make this club great again as what the fans think.
- The richest man in the world, Elon Musk, claimed early on Wednesday that he hadn’t been serious when he tweeted that he was going to purchase Manchester United, which is currently sitting at the bottom of the English Premier League as enraged fans call for its American owners, the Glazer family, to sell up.
- Due to what they perceive to be underfunding at one of the largest football clubs in the world, some Manchester United supporters had previously pushed Musk to think about purchasing the team on Twitter.
- Despite the efforts of a cast of eight regular and temporary coaches since Sir Alex Ferguson’s days as United’s manager, who claimed the last of their record 20 victories in 2013, United has not won the English league championship.
- On its primary Twitter account, the squad from northern England has more than 32 million followers, and Musk’s initial tweet on the team received more than 500,000 likes within six hours.
UEFA: Is Elon Musk buying Manchester United?
The short answer is no. For now. Fans hope that he changes his mind in the future.
If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to ask or tell us in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!