For those who are unaware, Valheim is a survival and sandbox video game developed by Iron Gate Studio. It was released earlier this year and was a tremendous success as critics and fans totally loved the game. It features solid ratings and might be a front runner in this year’s Game Awards. Anyways, the first major update for Valheim is now live, and here is all we know about it.
Many of you were waiting for this update for a long time and now that it’s finally here, it won’t disappoint you. This Hearth & Home update brings a lot of new content to the game by expanding the gameplay options. It introduces new mechanics, furniture, building pieces, food, weapons, optimizations, and much more.
- Hearth and Stone, as the name suggests, focuses mainly on expanding the cooking and the building options
- It brings along plenty of new build pieces and furniture, from sturdy shingle roofs to a mighty stone throne.
- Now you will also be able to share map data with other Vikings in your world
- You can also find seeds to plant more types of trees
- Also, you can destroy your unwanted items with the new obliterator
- The update also adds “something dark and mysterious that seems to spread across the plains”
- All weapons have now been rebalanced to be more viable as the main weapons. They also feature some more unique playstyles
- Current maximum hp will now greatly affect your ability to block attacks. The stagger bar GUI has also been added.
- Naming tamed creatures is now possible
- Gamepad sensitivity settings have been modified
- The update also adds an auto-pickup toggle button
- Active point lights & Active point light shadows under graphic settings
- You can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item
- Most food items will now give stamina or health to make food choices more interesting
- Food GUI has been overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food
- It also adds over 10 -12 new things to eat
- Tamed Lox will now have a purpose
- Slimy locations & creatures have been added to plains
- The new plantable seeds added in the game are Birch, Oak & Onions
- New weapons added in the game are Crystal battleax, Silver knife
- New shields added include Bone tower shield, Iron buckler
- Butcherknife for butchering tamed animals added
- Adds Thunderstone which is sold by the trader
- Lox accessory added
- New Darkwood building pieces include shingle roofs, beams, decorations, and more
- New types of furniture include a mighty stone throne and a steamy Viking hot tub
- Crystal walls added
- Adds new types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources
- Cauldron improvements include a Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans
- Adds Cartography table to share map data with other players
- Oven added to bake bread and pie
- Adds Obliterator to remove certain items
- Iron cooking station to cook some types of meat added as well
If you have any other questions regarding Valheim, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Valheim, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you follow us on Twitter @spieltimes and we’ll track and notify you about every PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!