Valorant has turned out to be the next big thing in the esports industry in quite a short span of time, surpassing many popular FPS titles. Riot Games has been actively listening to the community’s feedback and actively updating the game, and the latest update brings some significant changes to the game’s meta.
Quite notable of all is the Operator Nerf which has been amidst rumors for quite a while. Apart from that Jett and Omen have been tweaked too. Here are the complete patch notes.
- Updated projectile VFX to better represent its hitbox, especially when it is traveling towards your POV
Blade Storm (Burst Fire)
- The time between consecutive Burst Fire use has increased from 0.33 seconds >>> 0.45 seconds
- Daggers thrown in Burst now have a damage falloff that begins at 12 meters and drops steadily (to 35 damage) at max falloff
- Headshot multiplier on Burst Fire reduced from 3x >>> 2x
- Viper now starts the round at 100 fuel (previously 50)
- Vulnerable debuff applied from Snake Bite now lingers for 2 seconds after leaving Viper’s acid
- Move speed doubled while casting
- Viper now fast equips her weapon after casting, re-equip times vary per gun—but on average will reduce her weapon down time by .4 seconds
- Fire rate bonus decreased from 25% >>> 15%
- Fire rate bonus increased from 10% >>> 15%
- Increased price from 4500 >>> 5000
- Decreased scoped movement speed from 76% >>> 72%
- Adjusted weapon deadzone from becoming inaccurate at 30% movement speed >>> 15%
- Firing rate reduced from .75 >>> .6
- Instant equip time adjusted from 0.3 >>> 0.5
- Leg shot damage decreased from 127 >>> 120
- Jump land inaccuracy state changed from gradual >>> binary
- Jump land inaccuracy duration increased from .2 >>> .225
- Jump land inaccuracy value increased from 5.0 >>> 7.0
- During this patch, the chances of being in an hour+ queue should be notably reduced
- Riot ID Reviews
- Players that have been reported for inappropriate Riot IDs will now be reviewed automatically after the match has ended. If their name is flagged as inappropriate, they will be forced to change their Riot ID the next time they log in to the Riot Client.
- Removed Multi-line Breaks in Chat
- Some sneaky people were impersonating system messages to troll others into quitting a match. Enough!
- Changes to party push to talk settings will now take effect immediately
- The chat window can now be pinned to stay open across menus
- Social Panel Sorting Logic
- Sorting algorithm for the social panel has been updated to make it more intuitive for players as they interact with it.
- Fixed issue where Sova’s hitbox was incorrect while using his Owl Drone
- Fixed bug where Omen’s glowing eyes weren’t properly removed when he cancelled his ult
- Fixed a bug where Custom Game preferences would be wiped after navigating away from the Custom Game lobby