One of the most anticipated releases is the mobile version of the world’s hottest 5-v-5 tactical shooters right now, Valorant. Riot Games announced that Valorant is getting a mobile version last 2021 and it seems there’s progress on the game as eagle-eyed fans found the game on the Google Play Store.
More and more triple A games seem to be following the trend of releasing a mobile version of their game. Over the years, the rise of mobile gaming has been apparent especially when the pandemic struck. It was only a matter of time before Riot Games hopped on this trend, starting with League of Legends: Wild Rift and soon enough, Valorant.
Valorant data miners find a Google Play listing of the upcoming mobile game from Riot
Since its announcement, various leaks have come from lucky players who had the chance to test Valorant Mobile while it’s still in development. Following the conclusion of the Valorant Champions Tour 2022 in Istanbul, data miners found Valorant Mobile on Google Play.
Valorant Mobile Playtest on google Play pic.twitter.com/AULvamZnZ8
— Danny (@DannyINTEL) September 18, 2022
You may be thinking, why isn’t it flashing up on the home page of the Play Store if there’s already a listing?
- This isn’t your usual listing on the Google Play Store, unfortunately.
- You won’t be able to see it with a quick search if you hop onto your Play Store application now.
Data miners who first reported the news explained that you had to set your parental controls to a specific setting before you can find it in the Play Store. Accessing this link will lead you to a broken page, but data miners found a workaround for this.
- First, you need to check the parental controls of your Google Play Store app.
- Enable the PEGI 7 setting.
- Once you altered your parental controls, check back at this link again.
Valorant Mobile is currently being tested “under NDA”
Given the hype surrounding Valorant Mobile’s release, it’s normal for Riot Games to want to keep this project under wraps. The description of the game listing in the Play Store greets players while reminding them that they are under an NDA.
No info on how to sign up.
— Leakers On Duty (@LeakersOnDuty) September 18, 2022
NDAs are non-disclosure agreements. This ensures that players who have access to Valorant Mobile cannot disclose any information to the public about the project. Gaming companies usually put NDAs in place to prevent leaks from coming out before the actual game gets released for public access.
- The latest leaks we have about Valorant Mobile so far are screenshots of loading screens and the lobby.
- Any leaks about the gameplay came from the Chinese Beta Test which showed players what can be expected from Valorant’s mobile port.
There is currently no way to register for the Valorant Mobile testing. Those who are lucky enough to take part in the testing taking place nowadays may have been handpicked directly by Riot Games.
When can we expect the game to release across all mobile devices?
Riot Games first said that they expect an open beta of Valorant Mobile to start either in the middle of 2022 or early 2023. With this Play Store listing, it seems they were able to meet their target of mid-2022 for the game’s open beta.
- Open betas for games usually run for a few months since the developers use the feedback to polish the game.
- The open beta ends if they think it’s ready for a global release after fixing bugs and issues discovered during beta testing.
The company is also planning on releasing Valorant Mobile in Southeast Asia first. They may be following in the footsteps of Apex Legends Mobile who chose to start with a limited region launch before going global.
As for an official release date, there is no news from Riot about this for now. Though there is a high chance for Valorant Mobile to release this year given how long it has already been in private testing. A possible reason they’re still keeping it in beta testing for this long is to fix up any issues.
But as with all games, it’s likely it’ll have lots of bugs that need fixing once they launch it to the general public.
- Riot would most probably resolve these issues and introduce new content to the game through patch updates and scheduled server maintenance.
- There are no leaks about an official character roster for Valorant Mobile. It’s unclear if all Agents are unlockable once it’s released. Riot may choose to slowly add the existing Agents to Valorant Mobile through patch updates.
— VALORANT Champions Tour 🇹🇷 (@ValorantEsports) September 18, 2022
This news comes just in time after the Valorant Champions Tour 2022 in Istanbul recently wrapped up, with Brazilian team LOUD coming out on top.
What do you think about Valorant Mobile? Are you excited for the game to arrive soon? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.