A few days ago, Georgia football player Devin Willock and recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy died in a tragic car crash in Athens, Georgia. The tragedy has already shocked the varsity football community of which Devin Willock was an important part. A full-fledged crash report has been released by the authorities explaining how the accident happened. Read to find out what caused the wreck that killed University of Georgia football player Devin Willock.
Car wreck details
According to the crash report, Chandler LeCroy was driving the 2021 Ford Expedition which ended up unable to negotiate a left curve. The vehicle’s front tire hit a curb and crashed into an apartment unit.
- The Georgia Motor Vehicle Crash Report has ruled that over-speeding was the cause of the crash. The speed made the crash harder as the vehicle struck a utility pole and a tree before crashing into the Shoal Creek Apartment nearby.
- The report states that Devin Willock was sitting behind Chandler LeCroy in the driver’s side rear passenger seat. He was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene.
- Chandler LeCroy was rushed to a nearby hospital, but she was pronounced dead on arrival. Two others sustained injuries in the crash.
Devin Willock’s death
The University of Georgia’s football team Georgia Bulldogs had just celebrated its second straight national championship title before the car crash.
- The accident claimed the lives of two young people from the varsity football community. 20-year-old Devin Willock was an offensive lineman on the Georgia football team.
- 24-year-old Chandler LeCroy was a graduate of the same university who served as a football recruiting staff member.
- Friends and family, university officials, and heads of Georgia’s state departments mourned the untimely passing of the two young people.
Just over a week ago, Devin Willock was goofing around with his teammates on which restaurant was better for a postgame meal.
Hug those closest to you, give them a call and let them know you’re thinking about them.
Praying for the Georgia community pic.twitter.com/VQWHAv78dI
— Trey Wallace (@TreyWallace_) January 15, 2023
Other passengers’ status
Another player for the Georgia University football team, Warren McClendon was seated in the front passenger seat. McClendon was fortunate enough to survive the accident with multiple stitches on his forehead.
- The rear seat passenger, Victoria Bowles was also a football recruiting staffer. She was hospitalized with serious injuries, but her condition is stable now. Both Bowles and Willock were not wearing seatbelts in the rear passenger seats.
Devin Willock had a promising football career ahead of him before his untimely passing. Willock was a third-year player who started as guard in two games at the national championship. Willock was originally from New Milford, New Jersey.
Using vehicle data like precise speed, police authorities are still trying to construct a more concrete picture of the accident. Our hearts and prayers go out to the friends and families of Devin Willock and Chandler LeCroy in Atlanta.
You can also share any questions you have about Devin Willock’s car crash. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.