Got some time for some exciting and historic basketball news? If you want to know more about this historic name, Kyt Jimenez, in Philippine Basketball then, keep reading with us. In case you don’t know, MPBL stands for Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League — a professional league in the Philippines founded by the People’s Champ, Manny Pacquiao.
Why is Jimenez famous?
He just simply made history. On Monday, October 10th, youngster Kyt Jimenez may just have cleared the court with his quadruple-double record in an OKbet-MPBL 4th season match against Mindoro in Paco Arena.
- The former Mav’s Phenomenal (an elite training camp in the Philippines) player leads the Sarangani squad in a win 125-74.
- This makes him the first in the said tournament to have the record. He successfully tallied 33 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists, and 11 steals, respectively.
Congratulations, Kyt Jimenez for being the first quadruple double in @officialmpbl history and second quadruple double in Philippine basketball history!
— OKBET Philippines (@OKBetPHL) October 13, 2022
- To add greatness to what Jimenez did, he’s the second player in the Philippine leagues to achieve a quadruple-double output. Donbel Belano marks the first as he scored 17 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, and 10 steals for the Davao Eagles in 1999.
- Additionally, only four NBA players have recorded quadruple-double output in a match. Bulls’ Nate Thurmond (1974), Spurs’ Alvin Robertson (1986), Rockets’ Hakeem Olajuwon (1990), and Spurs’ David Robinson (1994).
Who is Kyt Jimenez?
To get to know the 25-year-old rising player, Krystoff Jimenez graduated from the University of Perpetual Help-DALTA, and a formerly a collegiate basketball player in the NCAA.
- The young blood was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, but raised in Quezon City. He showed quite a talent in the sport during his collegiate career with UPH. Although an ACL tear had him lay-lowed in basketball.
- The 5-foot-11 drew crowds wherever he played, and the YouTube sensation slowly makes its way to court and the limelight.
- According to a Manila Bulletin interview when asked about his historic record, Jimenez replied:
“I just wanted to please the fans and enjoy the game.” – Kyt Jimenez
- The OKbet-MPBL debutant may have piqued the interest of a few teams before he started his professional career. His potential may grow more with the experiences while playing in the pro.
- Furthermore, Jimenez revealed that he got offers to play from three Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) teams and two foreign clubs, respectively.
What’s next for Jimenez?
On Wednesday, October 12th, Kyt Jimenez enjoyed the PBA Commissioner’s Cup action alongside veteran agents Danny and Marvin Espiritu.
- The former Perpetual Help Atlas expresses his intention to join the PBA draft maybe soon. He proved his strong potential when recorded his historic feat in the MPBL. Jimenez would truly fit in and belong in the biggest pro-basketball league in the Philippines.
- As of now, Jimenez plans to focus on where he is right now — the MPBL. “Siguro finish strong po muna ako kung ano yung ginagawa ko ngayon,” [ENG: Maybe I should finish strong with what and where I am doing right now] he said in a SPIN.PH interview.
- With what he shows in the MPBL, a bright future may be ahead of this young Kyt Jimenez. PBA is probably the dream of Filipino basketball aspirants, and so is Kyt. But he does know that there is much more to prove and improve.
- Kyt Jimenez should be able to bag the experiences needed before coming to the PBA. With more hard work, determination, and patience, he could be drafted in the near future, maybe with the highest rank too. He can’t be too lax which he knows. And it is impressive because, since his MPBL debut, the guy delivers, and teams do need that young gun in their rosters.
We hope for the best in your future endeavors, Kyt!
You can also share any questions you have about the rising star Kyt Jimenez below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.